• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Former Southend United boss Sol Campbell wants another chance

I for one never bashed SC ,in fact he was right when he says he was hamstrung here, Yes after the season finished his communication with the young lads was non existent ,but before the season was curtailed because of covid he was doing an excellent job with the youngsters he was having to play you only had to remember the joy on those kids faces when we had a couple of wins ,the cameraderie amongst them, Laugh all you may but i hope he is given another opportunity somewhere.

I for one never bashed SC ,in fact he was right when he says he was hamstrung here, Yes after the season finished his communication with the young lads was non existent ,but before the season was curtailed because of covid he was doing an excellent job with the youngsters he was having to play you only had to remember the joy on those kids faces when we had a couple of wins ,the cameraderie amongst them, Laugh all you may but i hope he is given another opportunity somewhere.
You really have no idea of how bad of a man manager he really was. Just because he got a couple of wins when dealt a **** hand doesn’t mean he is a good manager.

The things that man did during his time here say a lot about his character and that he shouldn’t manage another football club.

Small example, announcement that the players have been paid late. On the same day Sol puts on his Instagram story that he is shopping for £20k watches.

Surprised his head can fit through the door with an ego that big.

Not a very good manager and if some of the stories behind closed doors are true doubt he’ll get another job.

Reeks of arrogance because of who he is. The Cowleys worked bloody hard to get to where they are.
The arrogance of saying the Cowley’s got the job and they used to be PE Teachers. He really knows **** all, they didn’t walk into that job at Portsmouth.

Just because you’ve played at the highest level doesn’t mean you’re going to make a good manager/coach.

Campbell may have won a few games under to be fair very tough circumstances but he just isn't cut out for management at all.He comes out with the most bizarre comments and comes over as a a very arrogant individual.Also seems to be rumours of some unprofessional behaviour too.Very good player but not a manager for me and seems very bitter

Still out not to win people over isn't he? I'm sure he could find a job abroad if he really wanted to get back into management. They'd be a little more forgiving I think.

Sorry, I do not know what went on behind the scenes. I recall some SZ members were aware of various issues with Sol but chose not to post.
I thought he did OK in very difficult circumstances. He did an excellent job with the younger players. I thought the likes of Phillips excelled under Sol.

Sorry, I do not know what went on behind the scenes. I recall some SZ members were aware of various issues with Sol but chose not to post.
I thought he did OK in very difficult circumstances. He did an excellent job with the younger players. I thought the likes of Phillips excelled under Sol.
@OllieSteph44 will give you actual feedback of how he did with the younger players.

Back