• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Former Southend United skipper Chris Barker dies aged 39

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Seem to be unconfirmed reports that he’s passed away at the age of 39, gutting news. RIP, Chris. A great player for us and exactly the kind of professional we could do with at the club. Thoughts with his family.

Seem to be unconfirmed reports that he’s passed away at the age of 39, gutting news. RIP, Chris. A great player for us and exactly the kind of professional we could do with at the club. Thoughts with his family.
Good God Sam, that's really sad news if true.

Heard this too.Dreadful if true no age at all

So sad at this news, a top bloke and one who gave his all for us. RIP Chrissy B.

Terribly sad news, he was a lovely man and far to young to pass away. R.I.P

Expect doom and gloom when checking the Zone for quite a while now but this put's into perspective our poor performances and results. He was such a whole hearted player for us and looking at other boards elsewhere as well.

Hope this is a Twitter rumour but fear it is not so absolutely gutted by this news. R.I.P

****ing awful news. Proper player and as many have already said he was one of the good guys. I'm genuinely in total shock. RIP Chris

Skippered us during a tough period and did so with aplomb. Very sad but a man his family can be proud of.

Awful news.

As many have said, he came in when the club was on its knees and captained us with real professionalism.

RIP, thoughts go to his family :Cry:

I’m absolutely gutted. I got to meet him a couple of times during some media work and after he’d met me once he’d always acknowledge me any time after that. So young and I feel awful for his family. RIP Chris

Jesus Christ! That’s terrible. RIP Thoughts to his family and friends.

Back