• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

You really are being a right Karen. You know full well that wasn't a fair way to win.
Max didn’t cheat! He did what he was asked to do. He didn’t force the FIA to do what they did.

I’m enjoying the driver I thought deserved to win the world title winning the world title. How he did it I couldn’t give a ****!

If there was a controversial final second winning goal on the last game of the season to keep us from being relegated do you really think we will care. No!

The driver I wanted to win won! I’m lapping it up and loving all the bites from the Hamilton fan boys.

Max didn’t cheat! He did what he was asked to do. He didn’t force the FIA to do what they did.

I’m enjoying the driver I thought deserved to win the world title winning the world title. How he did it I couldn’t give a ****!

If there was a controversial final second winning goal on the last game of the season to keep us from being relegated do you really think we will care. No!

The driver I wanted to win won! I’m lapping it up and loving all the bites from the Hamilton fan boys.

The only thing I agree with is that Max has done nothing wrong.

Would be really interesting to see/hear all the communication between Mercedes/Red Bull and Masi whilst the safety car was out.

I feel sorry for Max today. Irrespective of what’s happened before, he didn’t deserve to be crowned champion in that way, and I think he raced well.

I think Lewis should have had to give that place back. But I also think Lewis was so much quicker that he would have got race position either through a move or in the pits.

There wasn’t anything Lewis could do today. He was supremely quick but he didn’t have Bottas available to cover moves from RB which meant that they could take extra tires with nothing to lose. Lewis couldn’t have stopped under the virtual or under the full SC. Checo did a good job today and that made a difference.

What I’m really annoyed at is that Masi decided to influence the decision by making a ruling that was completely unusual and unseen. He might have had the right to do that, but he decided to end the race in that way completely contrary to how SCs have ever been managed before. He ruined the race for Lewis and he ruined the celebrations for Max. The guy is out of his depth. This should have been the grand finale to what has been one of the greatest ever seasons, but it ended in a farce. And that’s after both Max and Lewis drove hard and fair and ultimately weren’t at at fault whatsoever.

I’ve never been a huge fan of Lewis as a character, but I respect his talent behind the wheel and considering the way Max has driven at times this season I thought Lewis actually deserved the title. Not Max’s fault today but Lewis has been stitched up after driving a perfect performance. I’m sure Max won’t care but a shame he won the title on a safety car ‘gift’ as I feel he will still be good enough to win it without any controversy one day.

Morning
1%20Max%20Verstappen%20F1%20champion.jpg

And Hamilton is sulking big-time

No he wasn't. He was actually really classy. He accepted it, and even congratulated both Christian Horner and Max Verstappen with a handshake etc. Mercedes are angry, but Lewis himself was everything I would expect of a true champion,

Compare that to how Verstappen walked off the podium last weekend like a petulant schoolboy.

Edit: It looks like you corrected yourself.

The FIA would massively shoot themselves in the foot if they were to take the championship away from him. I’d certainly never watch the sport again. This wouldn’t be a talking point had Mercedes not ****ed up their strategy and kept Hamilton out on the old tyres. That last lap he would’ve smashed Max as the Mercedes had the pace. This is on Mercedes not the FIA.
Good!

It reminds me of kids football when one team is winning 10 nil and the ref says next goal is the winner.

Lap 56: FIA race control "Lapped cars will not be allowed to overtake"
Lap 57: FIA race control "Lapped cars will be allowed to overtake"
Lap 58: Only 5 out of 12 Lapped cars allowed to overtake.

Masi
And the safety car brought in a lap early.

Lewis just looked really disappointed to me. Which you would be. No bad mouthing of Max or Red Bull (I’d have called Horner a smug **** myself). It was an unusual and unprecedented turn of events, for sure. Next season will be a cracker, won’t it?

That's totally out of order. Schumacher was also a cheat.
What a pathetic thing to say. And the fact that you consider both Max and Schumacher to be cheats shows you have zero credibility when it comes to talking about F1.

I think you're the one that needs to grow up with your childish hatred of Lewis:

Formula One and all the Hamilton fans crying. :ROFL::ROFL:

Compare that to my post on the same thread:

F1 certainly shot itself in the foot yesterday. It doesn't really matter to me who wins as it's not going to make one jot of difference to my life, but the race director should not a) be influenced by the teams mid-race, and b) make the rules up as he goes along.

Personally I hope Mercedes appeal, at least that way the rules can be scrutinised and fixed for the future because one thing is certain, leaving them as they are will only lead to the same farce at some point again.

Last edited:
What a pathetic thing to say. And the fact that you consider both Max and Schumacher to be cheats shows you have zero credibility when it comes to talking about F1.
Firstly it was tongue in cheek and secondly I think you have proved you have zero credibility given your previous responses.

No he wasn't. He was actually really classy. He accepted it, and even congratulated both Christian Horner and Max Verstappen with a handshake etc. Mercedes are angry, but Lewis himself was everything I would expect of a true champion,

Compare that to how Verstappen walked off the podium last weekend like a petulant schoolboy.

Edit: It looks like you corrected yourself.
I did after realising that Lewis had parked up, taken a deep breath, calmed himself and then graciously congratulated MV and CH. As you rightly say the sign of a true champion. Toto Wolf was the only one who made an arse of himself.

I'm certainly not a Lewis fan, not by any stretch. But that said, his impossibly classy reaction and humble congratulations to his opponent have pulled me into his corner and I applaud him for that.

Yesterday's handling of the race was outrageous. According to the rules in place at the beginning of the race, and even while they were working out the best way to bring the drivers home, Lewis (and Mercedes) won it, and Lewis is world champion. Again.

It reminds me of kids football when one team is winning 10 nil and the ref says next goal is the winner.
Great analogy but it wasn't just 'next goal is the winner'. It was the ref then awarding the losing team a penalty for someone in the crowd falling over, moving the spot five yards closer and then making the goalkeeper play in greasy tap shoes.

It's wrong to think the outraged reaction to yesterday's negligent handling of the race was Hamilton fan boys. It wasn't. It's anyone who is watching that race with an open mind. I feel for the race director as he was trying to find a solution to make all sides happy under pressure and intense provocation from both sides, but sport doesn't work like that. What you do is follow the rules in place and interpret them one way or the other for a decision. What you don't do is either bend the rules or create them on the fly to find a ludicrous compromise. Especially when it isn't a fair compromise.

I wanted to find a way to conclude that Lewis and Mercedes have gained similar benefit across the season from safety car incidents that have wiped out advantages. They have and it IS a gamble that IS part of the sport. But yesterday was a bending of the rules that led to a final lap run-off where one team was hauled back into competition then unfairly disadvantaged. Correct protocol would have had the safety car out for another couple of laps to allow ALL of the lapped cars back into formation. OR, at a stretch, you pull the safety car in with ALL of the lapped cars in their current places. Either way, following the rules in place, Lewis Hamilton wins that race.

Last edited:
I did after realising that Lewis had parked up, taken a deep breath, calmed himself and then graciously congratulated MV and CH. As you rightly say the sign of a true champion. Toto Wolf was the only one who made an arse of himself.
In fairness to him, he has a point. What happened was totally wrong on all counts. He and the Mercedes team were basing their strategy on the rules as they were written. It turns out they weren't worth the paper they were written on.

I can't remember which Sky pundit said it, but he made the point that it proves F1 is not just a sport, it's a business.

Back