• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

And you honestly don’t think Toto and his gang of Merry men wouldn’t have done the same if the shoe was on the other foot.
Do I think they would have sought an appeal like RBR did? Maybe, yes. Do I think they would have been sad enough to waste Stoffel Vandoorne's or Nyck de Vries' tyre tests running racing line aims for evidence? No, I honestly don't. Do I think Toto Wolff would have been as unprofessional and personal in his post-race comments and do I think he would have said anything bordering on libel and defamation like Horner did? Nope.

Red Bull's management are a joke.

Another race another bonus for Mercedes.

Alonso proving why he’s the best driver on the grid!

Shock horror Hamilton having a whinge about it. Oh and Nico said it was fine. :Smile:

“At that speed it’s so dangerous”

Lol!

Great win by Ocon, great races from Vettel, Sainz and Alonso.

Félicitations Esteban, belle route.

Great recovery from the champ to finish third and lead the championship, two or three more laps and could've got the win if not for some sterling defending from Alonso. Honourable mentions to both Williams drivers, and Mick Schumacher battling a compromised Max at one point.

Christian Horner still managed to come across as a bit of dick though.

Cars miss their braking points in the wet. It’s racing. It’s not like Bottas aimed for Max and T Boned him.

Felt a bit sorry for Lando today but congrats to Ocon.

Félicitations Esteban, belle route.

Great recovery from the champ to finish third and lead the championship, two or three more laps and could've got the win if not for some sterling defending from Alonso. Honourable mentions to both Williams drivers, and Mick Schumacher battling a compromised Max at one point.
Great recovery? He has the fastest car and his closest competition from his team mate (wiped himself and others out) Perez (wiped out) and Verstappen (had a broken car). Only reason he didn’t get near the front two is because the best driver out there defended him in a lesser car. And he cried like a little bitch when someone defended or did a ‘dangerous’ move against him. He really isn’t a likeable guy!

Plenty of other drivers would have given him a run for his money if they had a decent car like him.

Fastest car in overtaking slower cars shocker.

Great recovery? He has the fastest car and his closest competition from his team mate (wiped himself and others out) Perez (wiped out) and Verstappen (had a broken car). Only reason he didn’t get near the front two is because the best driver out there defended him in a lesser car. And he cried like a little bitch when someone defended or did a ‘dangerous’ move against him. He really isn’t a likeable guy!

Plenty of other drivers would have given him a run for his money if they had a decent car like him.

Not surprised with this comment, your clear dislike for LH really does show as others have mentioned previously, bit sad really in my eyes but that's your view and you're entitled to not like him I guess.

Read what I posted again, I said Max was compromised. Bottas made a huge mistake and is rightly getting a (pretty lenient in my eyes) 5 place grid penalty but that's racing and **** happens sometimes. **** like Horner complaing about the cost of the crash at Silverstone and then spending 100 grand on getting Alex Albon to drive a two year old car around Silverstone to participate in an appeal doomed to failure.

I've no problem calling out when LH does silly stuff, when he was complaining about Alonso that didn't sit right with me either, I 100% agree with you here! It was hard, old school racing, Alonso had nothing to lose so all he had to do was squeeze him in the corners and he knew LH would back off to avoid contact but he eventually forced the mistake and passed. I assume you're also aware that the Hungaroring is an extremely difficult track to perform overtakes? The Max V configured Redbull even damaged is still massively faster than the Haas but he was kept at bay for quite a number of laps.

Christian Horner still managed to come across as a bit of dick though.

Cars miss their braking points in the wet. It’s racing. It’s not like Bottas aimed for Max and T Boned him.

Felt a bit sorry for Lando today but congrats to Ocon.
Yeah I agree, Horner does himself no favours. Totally rebuffed Toto Wolff’s apology today, allegedly - and followed it up with more bitterness. Yeah he’s going to be annoyed, but have some class.

Vettel disqualified for a breach of fuel regulations.

Oh Ricey, your irrational hatred of Hamilton and attempts to justify it do make me chuckle, if nothing else!

Yeah I agree, Horner does himself no favours. Totally rebuffed Toto Wolff’s apology today, allegedly - and followed it up with more bitterness. Yeah he’s going to be annoyed, but have some class.
Christian Horner has never shown an ounce of class, so don't expect him to now.

Has anyone seen the reason behind Vettel’s disqualification?

They went to check his fuel and the regulations state they must have at least 1 litre of fuel in the tank for a sample and when they went to take a sample there was only 300ml. What an absolute crock of ****! Aston Martin rightly have challenged it but I can’t imagine it will be overturned.

Has anyone seen the reason behind Vettel’s disqualification?

They went to check his fuel and the regulations state they must have at least 1 litre of fuel in the tank for a sample and when they went to take a sample there was only 300ml. What an absolute crock of ****! Aston Martin rightly have challenged it but I can’t imagine it will be overturned.
Does seem a bit harsh but if the rules state there has to be a litre to test and there is only 300ml then there isn't too much they can argue about.

What a race, the stewards actually used their common sense and were lenient for a change, wheel banging is "racing". Go hard or go home, more of this please.

Does seem a bit harsh but if the rules state there has to be a litre to test and there is only 300ml then there isn't too much they can argue about.
Fair point, but to disqualify the driver who has spent the whole race fighting his nuts off not knowing that the fuel would be low when he got in is harsh.

Back