• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

cerbera45

Coach⭐
Day 1 Testing is currently underway in Bahrain with Ricciardo the quickest this morning for McLaren. Gear selection issues for Mercedes meant Bottas could only complete 7 laps whilst Hamilton sat out the entire session.

Could we be in for an exciting season? McLaren and Alpine look handy. Are Merc sandbagging or are there some issues there?

Could we be in for an exciting season? McLaren and Alpine look handy. Are Merc sandbagging or are there some issues there?

This happens every test, Mercedes look average and then blow it away when the season starts. I wouldn’t read too much into it. I do like the look of Alpine though, they have the best driver.

This happens every test, Mercedes look average and then blow it away when the season starts. I wouldn’t read too much into it. I do like the look of Alpine though, they have the best driver.
The best driver in the team, on the grid or the GOAT ?

It will be interesting to see how young Ocon gets on as team-mate (to Alonso)

I wouldn’t say GOAT, but one of the most talented drivers of all time. The GOAT is and will always be Senna.

Hard to say all time, especially as they have little to do in the car nowadays as computerised
When you look back at Clark, Fangio, Moss, Brabham, Hill to name a few, they had talent where they had to use everything

Not saying Senna was not brilliant, but F1 like most sports is hard to compare who could be the most talented, me the greatest driver is Michael Schumacher but then would Fangio beat him in the same car, I think would be close

Hard to say all time, especially as they have little to do in the car nowadays as computerised
When you look back at Clark, Fangio, Moss, Brabham, Hill to name a few, they had talent where they had to use everything

Not saying Senna was not brilliant, but F1 like most sports is hard to compare who could be the most talented, me the greatest driver is Michael Schumacher but then would Fangio beat him in the same car, I think would be close

Absolutely! It is hard as you say with the likes of what Fangio had and what Schumacher had. I say Senna because obviously he was taken from us way too early. Would Schumacher have won 7 titles had he not been taken from us? We will never know but I don’t think it would’ve been as easy for him.

All you have to do is look at how good he was at Monaco.

It is hard to compare, I watched a programme about Jim Clark and he was a hell of a driver. Graham Hill is still to this day the only driver to win the Triple Crown. The GOAT conversation is always subjective to what you know about the sport. Those a little younger won’t have seen anything of Senna and may have only seen the tail end of Schumacher so will have a different GOAT to others. Legends like Fangio, Moss, Clark, Hill, Brabham’s legacies are dying out as time passes. These were legends that drove with the possibility of death at every corner due to lack of the safety in the sport to this day. No driver aids etc. Always a hard conversation and I suppose its down to personal opinion.

Watched the first episode of Season 3 Drive to Survive on Netflix. Looks like it’s going to be a good one. No matter how they sell him I just can’t warm to Lance Stroll.

It is hard to compare, I watched a programme about Jim Clark and he was a hell of a driver. Graham Hill is still to this day the only driver to win the Triple Crown. The GOAT conversation is always subjective to what you know about the sport. Those a little younger won’t have seen anything of Senna and may have only seen the tail end of Schumacher so will have a different GOAT to others. Legends like Fangio, Moss, Clark, Hill, Brabham’s legacies are dying out as time passes. These were legends that drove with the possibility of death at every corner due to lack of the safety in the sport to this day. No driver aids etc. Always a hard conversation and I suppose its down to personal opinion.
A shout for John Surtees - the only person to win World titles on both 2 and 4 wheels

A shout for John Surtees - the only person to win World titles on both 2 and 4 wheels

A feat I can never see happening ever again! The only one man that may have done it is in his 40’s and likely to retire from MotoGP now.

They are wind up merchants! Will win the first race by a mile :Smile::Smile:

No doubt, but would be nice if they have some competition as it just gets tedious. I hope that McLaren have stepped up their game and will challenge the likes of Mercedes and Red Bull. I really hope the Alpine does well being a massive Alonso fan,

No doubt, but would be nice if they have some competition as it just gets tedious. I hope that McLaren have stepped up their game and will challenge the likes of Mercedes and Red Bull. I really hope the Alpine does well being a massive Alonso fan,
I hope that Ferrari really step up their game too. It will be interesting to see how they go without SV.

Back