• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

Used to love F1 back in the good old days of Prost, Senna, Mansell, Hill, Schumacher. I've not really watched it since Button won his World Championship.

I'm not the biggest fan of Sir Lewis Hamilton. He's very good at driving a good car around a track, and i'm sure he does a lot for the sport and charity work etc But i just can't warm to the guy.

When he retires and the races are a bit more wheel to wheel action rather being decided by pit lane strategy I may return.

Yep I’m totally the same. I’d have liked Rosberg to have stayed on longer because I don’t think he’d be fighting for his 8th world title had he stayed. Bottas is a good driver but he is just no real threat to Lewis.

Yep I’m totally the same. I’d have liked Rosberg to have stayed on longer because I don’t think he’d be fighting for his 8th world title had he stayed. Bottas is a good driver but he is just no real threat to Lewis.

I don't think he would. Rosberg was done after 2016. He admitted that the effort and mental focus it took to beat Hamilton that season took its toll on him and adversely affected his family life. He would lock himself in his study and his wife would keep his little 2 year old girl away from him most evenings. He could never have put that sort of effort in a second time and that's why he bowed out when he did. That kind of consistent high performance and the mental focus needed for it just didn't come naturally to him like it does to Hamilton. It was a one-off superhuman effort beyond his limits which I don't think he'd have been able to repeat.

I don't think he would. Rosberg was done after 2016. He admitted that the effort and mental focus it took to beat Hamilton that season took its toll on him and adversely affected his family life. He would lock himself in his study and his wife would keep his little 2 year old girl away from him most evenings. He could never have put that sort of effort in a second time and that's why he bowed out when he did. That kind of consistent high performance and the mental focus needed for it just didn't come naturally to him like it does to Hamilton. It was a one-off superhuman effort beyond his limits which I don't think he'd have been able to repeat.

I think he could’ve done it. Let’s be honest the car massively helps Lewis. We found that out when Russell jumped in his car and had it not been for the tyre ‘mix up’ then Russell would’ve won! Not taking anything away from Russell as he is a hugely talented driver and will no doubt get a chance in the Mercedes. Just won’t be whilst Lewis is there as he doesn’t want the competition.

Anyway, the argument has been done to death now. No one can convince me or change my opinion on Hamilton. He’s a very good driver with the best car out there that no other car really comes close too. He’s had it pretty easy his whole career. I cannot see him staying on for next season where allegedly the rules will make the grid a lot closer. But who knows.. I do hope that Red Bull do bring it to Merc this season and we have at least 4, hopefully 6 (Ricciardo and Norris) in the running for the title. Because it’s just ****ing boring watching Hamilton win year after year. Like it was with Vettel and Schumacher.

He’s had it pretty easy his whole career.
This is so so wrong.

He's not always had the fastest car.
He's never had major financial backing, he earned his opportunity at the McLaren development programme.
He and his family have had to deal with being black people in an extremely white and wealthy sport. He's suffered from racist abuse.
He's raced with and against the very best teammates in the sport.
He's achieved success at one team and then gone and replicated that at another.

I appreciate that no-one will change your mind about Hamilton (which is a bit narrowminded really) but to suggest he's had an easy ride is so completely false.

This is so so wrong.

He's never had major financial backing, he earned his opportunity at the McLaren development programme.
He and his family have had to deal with being black people in an extremely white and wealthy sport. He's suffered from racist abuse.

I appreciate that no-one will change your mind about Hamilton (which is a bit narrowminded really) but to suggest he's had an easy ride is so completely false.

Hamilton fan in defending him shocker!

This is so so wrong.

You appreciate it then instantly have a dig about it! It’s my opinion and I couldn’t give a **** what anyone else thinks about it, especially you!

Feel sorry for Norris having his time deleted and a great result for Perez starting ahead of Max.

Gutted for Russell! That was a hell of a crash at that speed.

Lucky lucky ****! His team mate did him a massive favour there having that crash.

Absolutely outstanding race from Norris!

Back