• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

Incredible achievement from Hamilton to get 100 career poles. You don't consistently dominate teammates (including world champions) without being one of the greatest of all time.

People will mention the cars and the constructor and clearly those are important factors, but his ability in basically all situations to consistently put together an excellent fast lap is just unparalleled. I hadn't realised he's achieved pole in every circuit he's raced at. Amazing.

I thought yesterday's race also showed another reason why Hamilton is maybe the GOAT, at least in the modern era... he can adapt to different strategies better than anyone else. If the first plan isn't working, then he can swap over and execute.

Red Bull had the pace yesterday, but at the expense of the tyres, they were comfortably ahead in the first phase, but they panicked when Hamilton switched to the two-stop and they should have covered it off, but didn't. If you're Mercedes where you have a fast car and a driver who can look after the tyres and switch strategies then that will always give you an opportunity to win a race when coming from behind.
Absolutely agree - we forget F1 is a massive team game and a driver is just a part of that team - he's the football equivalent of Messi or Ronaldo, and who wouldn't want them in their team...

Absolutely agree - we forget F1 is a massive team game and a driver is just a part of that team - he's the football equivalent of Messi or Ronaldo, and who wouldn't want them in their team...
It's why he gets paid the big bucks and the pick of his teammates. His consistency and desire each year is just incredible. You can't blame Hamilton for the failure for Red Bull tactically, or the Ferrari for consistently being junk. Actually, you need to credit Hamilton's influence at Mercedes as he has the whole team stepping up around him.

Would like to see him and Russell have a couple of years together, especially if next year enables another team to jump forward with the regulation changes. Some teams have really ignored this year and focussed development on next year so we could see a Brawn-type situation potentially.

It's why he gets paid the big bucks and the pick of his teammates. His consistency and desire each year is just incredible. You can't blame Hamilton for the failure for Red Bull tactically, or the Ferrari for consistently being junk. Actually, you need to credit Hamilton's influence at Mercedes as he has the whole team stepping up around him.

Would like to see him and Russell have a couple of years together, especially if next year enables another team to jump forward with the regulation changes. Some teams have really ignored this year and focussed development on next year so we could see a Brawn-type situation potentially.

Haas and Renault are the ones I’d expect to do well although Renault have been doing alright this season. Aston Martin haven’t been all that so they could be others focusing on next season. I really do hope the rule changes do make it more competitive and we get season like when we had seasons like 2007. When you had a close fight to the title between Raikkonen, Alonso, Hamilton and Massa. Maybe with some lesser constructors in the run like Haas, Alfa Romeo and Williams.

I expect though it’ll be an anti climax and Mercedes and Red Bull will completely run away with it.

It was Mercedes that bought the Brawn GP F1 team (and rebranded it Mercedes GP).

Polesitter Charles Leclerc does not start this afternoon's race after breaking down on the formation lap

This weekend sees another but more modern street circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan.

Quick question - Leclerc got a tow from Hamilton in Q3, but did LH get a tow from anyone? Someone on another forum is claiming Mercedes sacrificed Botas to give him a tow.

Nice one Checo, they'll be dancing in the streets of Mexico City tonight. Rare mistake from the champ but he'll bounce back in the next race I expect. Unlucky Max but that's racing for ya, good to see Seb up there with Aston Martin.

Nice one Checo, they'll be dancing in the streets of Mexico City tonight. Rare mistake from the champ but he'll bounce back in the next race I expect. Unlucky Max but that's racing for ya, good to see Seb up there with Aston Martin.

Thats the sort of race I like to see! Absolutely over the moon for Perez. Hopefully more results like that to give him a chance to catch up and make it a 3 horse race.

I like(d) the track at Baku, it catches drivers out if they're not 100% on it.

This weekend's event is the French Grand Prix at the Paul Ricard circuit in Le Castellet,

Back