• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

Im confused, how does this new platform work?

I haven’t watched it by the way.
The starting grid positions for Sunday's race are decided by the final results of Saturday's sprint race (so I believe)

Hamilton getting all the luck there, getting off with a light penalty and everyone else having problems. Bottas being told not to fight him!

Hamilton getting all the luck there, getting off with a light penalty and everyone else having problems. Bottas being told not to fight him!
A light penalty? Shouldn't have been a penalty at all. It was a racing incident.

As for Bottas, I'm no fan of team orders, never have been. He would have passed him eventually but not quick enough to get after Leclerc and make use of the pace he had. But it's a team sport mate, and the wider team cares more about the constructors. You know that. And telling Bottas to let him through bagged them an extra 7 points, which could be critical in such a tight contest.

Be interesting what people’s thoughts would be had it been Verstappen do it to Hamilton.
Exactly the same I would imagine. Certainly for me anyway, because I've been watching Formula 1 for 26 years and I know a racing incident when I see one.

Exactly the same I would imagine. Certainly for me anyway, because I've been watching Formula 1 for 26 years and I know a racing incident when I see one.
I’ve been watching for 30 years and I know a racing incident and that in my opinion was not one!

Max had the racing line, and Lewis cut him up. Highly dangerous, and he should have been disqualified. But, it was on home turf so Lewis had the authorities on his side to make it a spectacle for the crowd

Last edited:
It sure sets things up nicely for Hungary! It’s two great drivers battling for top spot and probably the incident was, on reflection, the fault of both and a case of neither backing down. Thankfully Max is ok. Hamilton really does get a lot of stick, yet we criticise other sportsmen for being too nice and not having a winning mentality!

Lewis went up the inside on max, he was well over half a car length. Max should not have left the door open and protected that side of the track. He should have been closer to the inside to stop hamilton doing that. Hamilton was entitled to make that move, it is racing after all

Be interesting what people’s thoughts would be had it been Verstappen do it to Hamilton.
Be interesting in your thoughts if it had been Verstappen do it to Hamilton (I know your a closet Hamilton fan really!!!):Smile: - Seriously though Hamilton could have backed off, Verstappen could have given him room...good on both of them for not doing that. Verstappen is an aggressive driver and relies a little of the other driver backing out. He now knows Lewis won't, which I suspect may make him behave differently next time!

How is it not a racing incident!? The gap was there......in the past Lewis has been forced to back out, but good on him for keeping at it this time. Verstappen needs to learn that he can't keep bullying and intimidating other drivers into backing out. It's a horribly entitled attitude.

Hamilton was way more than the stipulated half a car's length alongside Verstappen when entering Copse. Could he have been closer to the right towards the apex? Absolutely. Could Verstappen have made it through Copse without turning in on Hamilton halfway through the corner? Yes.

Both contributed. Racing incident.

Last edited:
Max had the racing line, and Lewis cut him up. Highly dangerous, and he should have been disqualified. But, it was on home turf so Lewis had the authorities on his side to make it a spectacle or the crowd
This is a truly hilarious take. Great comedy value for a Monday morning, I'll give you that!

Back