• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 - Daniel Ricciardo leaving Red Bull

I don't get that move (probably a stupid amount of money involved).

Daniel and Max are truly the best future prospects in F1..

I would have predicted one of them to have a move to Mercedes or Ferrari more than likely than a move to crappy Renault...After all,.... Kimi must be nearly drawing a pension by the middle of next season

Last edited:
Very surprised by that move.
Renault have resources and pedigree, so I think it's a smart move if he buys into the idea that they could be very competitive in 2020. Will have to wait and see, but having a 4th team with a world class driver should be good for the grid. Hopefully Sainz will get a good car next year, he's clearly a good driver.

Renault have resources and pedigree, so I think it's a smart move if he buys into the idea that they could be very competitive in 2020. Will have to wait and see, but having a 4th team with a world class driver should be good for the grid. Hopefully Sainz will get a good car next year, he's clearly a good driver.

I read an interview where he said he wanted to stay with Renault and because Red Bull have dropped them that helped his decision.

Sainz needs to get a good drive by the sounds of things he will end up at McLaren. I would rather see him take Kimi’s spot at Ferrari but apparently that’s been lined up for Leclerc. Big shake up coming up after this!

As Ricey predicted a while back, looks like Sainz is going to move to Mclaren as Alonso's replacement for next season.

As Ricey predicted a while back, looks like Sainz is going to move to Mclaren as Alonso's replacement for next season.

There is still a chance he may go to Red Bull as they have an option on him but that runs out in September. And from what I read the relationship between him and Verstappen isn’t a good one. They may want to avoid anymore touch relationships, don’t want anymore ‘multi 21’ incidents.

Could be an interesting shake up in the paddock all round.

Back