• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula One 2022

Max was punished by the letter of the latest law, but I don’t think they’re particularly good for multi-corner complexes like that. Tbf I’d have put it down as a racing incident, as per silverstone last season. Neither driver wanted to yield. Max clearly didn’t give a **** yesterday, happy to crash into people and destroy his relationship with Checo
Either way, he's a petulant, entitled kid.

I think the race directors this season aren't as malleable as last season. Hamilton's comment that that wasn't a racing incident harps back to the leniency shown last season. This time he got a time penalty.
They can always change the rules !🤣🤣🤣🤣

Max comments on the collision with Lewis are laughable. Ocon tried the same overtake a few years ago and Max wanted to fight him post race.

That's Max Verstappen for ya. Horner and Marko have turned him into even more of a monster than they did Vettel. That entire team is just toxic, I wish Ferrari hadn't tailed off so much this year. Loved Horner's comments after the budget overspend saga where he moaned about how what the media and people online was affecting the mental health of team employees......yet he and Marko were quite happy to incite a racist social media pile-on of Hamilton after the Silverstone incident last season. He is just a pretty ****ty human being tbh.

Mick Schumacher dropped by Haas for next season, absolute joke if they replace him with Hulkenburg.

Mick Schumacher dropped by Haas for next season, absolute joke if they replace him with Hulkenburg.
Why?

Hulkenburg is a safe pair of hands and probably won't bin the car into a wall after the chequered flag during practice.

Haas don't seem great at developing talent, but not seen much from Mick that suggests he's worth persevering with. You've either got to be lightning quick, or extremely consistent and reliable. Mick is neither.

And confirmed!

Stupid mistake, much better talent and drivers available!

And confirmed!

Stupid mistake, much better talent and drivers available!
I think it is just that Haas need a safer pair of hands.

Having lost the Russian money & sponsorship this year they were always going to be on a tight budget even before Mick had an "expensive" season.

I think Hulkenburg will be a safer/cheaper option overall while they are balancing their cashflows.

There may well be faster younger drivers coming through but Haas can't afford to take the chance and have gone for the safer option.

I think it is just that Haas need a safer pair of hands.

Having lost the Russian money & sponsorship this year they were always going to be on a tight budget even before Mick had an "expensive" season.

I think Hulkenburg will be a safer/cheaper option overall while they are balancing their cashflows.

There may well be faster younger drivers coming through but Haas can't afford to take the chance and have gone for the safer option.
I assume he brings good money with him too. It’s the only logical explanation. Think it’ll come back to bite them in the arse.

On another point:

F1 fans and the tribalism around drivers is really ruining the sport. I know it has been bad over the years but it’s getting insufferable from the Max/Lewis super fans and constantly wanting to make everything about their hatred for the other.

Drive to Survive and certain broadcasters and media outlets want to make rivalries and issues doesn’t help the situation.

I assume he brings good money with him too. It’s the only logical explanation. Think it’ll come back to bite them in the arse.

On another point:

F1 fans and the tribalism around drivers is really ruining the sport. I know it has been bad over the years but it’s getting insufferable from the Max/Lewis super fans and constantly wanting to make everything about their hatred for the other.

Drive to Survive and certain broadcasters and media outlets want to make rivalries and issues doesn’t help the situation.
Jos Verstappen acts like a bellend
RBR = "Stop being mean"

Red Bull Racing break the cost cap
RBR = "We're victims, stop saying mean things on twitter"

Max refuses to give the place to Checo
RBR = "Stop being mean to Max, he runs this team and can do no wrong"

Max's Mum tries to ruin Checo's marriage
RBR = "This hate directed to Max's family has to stop"

Dutch/Max fans act in appalling misogynistic, racist and homophobic ways at Austrian GP
RBR = ".........."

Hamilton gets absolutely tons of racist abuse, in particular after Silverstone last year
RBR = "This statement represents the absolute bare minimum, and comes way too late"

I agree things are getting really toxic. I'd have a little bit of sympathy for RBR if they actually showed some humility and self-awareness.

Sounding like Danny Ric is going back to Red Bull as their 3rd driver. Pleased he will remain in and around the paddock. An absolutely great character.

If you’re into your podcasts ‘Beyond the Grid’ did an interview with Seb. A very honest and interesting interview, well worth a listen. Seb was one of those ones I like him when he burst onto the scene, annoyed me when he kept winning, then after he left Red Bull I liked him again and think he will be a huge loss to the grid.

And nice to see everyone went out for a meal on Abu Dhabi…

847A1A0F-1D2E-4252-A945-597C1F9517C1.jpeg

Redbull, Max and his family can treat people like **** they get upset when people call them out on it. They live in a different world honestly they need to look in a mirror and maybe this would stop.

Schumacher out qualifying Magnussen. Don’t worry Kev, you won’t have that issue next season.

Great race and a great end to a great season!

Really enjoyed it this year. Yes Max has been dominant but there has been some good scraps in the midfield that have made it interesting. More of the same next year, just hope Ferrari can have a better run of it and sort their strategies, like they did today.

Bring on next year!

Highlight for me this afternoon was four-time world championship winner Sebastian Vettel retiring from F1.

Thanks Seb for all the memories over the years and "The Final Lap" today, and you still won points.

Vettel.jpg

Highlight for me this afternoon was four-time world championship winner Sebastian Vettel retiring from F1.

Thanks Seb for all the memories over the years and "The Final Lap" today, and you still won points.

View attachment 23322
He nearly moved Aston Martin up a place in the constructors championship, one more lap and he’d have done it.

A great champion, a great role model and I hope we see him again in the paddock in some capacity.

Won driver of the day, for me he could’ve broken down on the first corner of lap 1 and he’d have been my driver of the day.

Danke Seb.

Back