• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula One 2022

Thought Max was very lucky not to be penalised this morning.
Why? He lost his back end. Would be a complete joke if he got penalised seeing as Hamilton was only reprimanded for this in 2018.

Why? He lost his back end. Would be a complete joke if he got penalised seeing as Hamilton was only reprimanded for this in 2018.

I think Hamilton should have been punished for that. But at least it wasn’t in the middle of 130R. I don’t particularly care about consistency, they should be clamping down on near misses where people are doing stupid stuff.

If Norris had clipped Max, or if he had lost control when he ran on the grass, then I think everyone would be saying that what Max did was dangerous. However, you can’t give penalties out only if there’s an actual accident.

Gasly almost went into a tractor that was deployed onto the track. Absolutely unacceptable and shouldn’t be happening again

I think Hamilton should have been punished for that. But at least it wasn’t in the middle of 130R. I don’t particularly care about consistency, they should be clamping down on near misses where people are doing stupid stuff.

If Norris had clipped Max, or if he had lost control when he ran on the grass, then I think everyone would be saying that what Max did was dangerous. However, you can’t give penalties out only if there’s an actual accident.
But he didn’t and you can clearly see from the footage he lost his back end due to lack of grip. Not his fault! Reprimand was the right thing to do. If he did what Hamilton did in Brazil and just turned into him then a penalty should have been given. However that wasn’t the case.

Max is world champion!! After Leclerc gets 5 second time penalty!

Well deserved.

Gasly almost went into a tractor that was deployed onto the track. Absolutely unacceptable and shouldn’t be happening again
I missed that incident and have just rewatched it. The Bianchi one was really unfortunate, this one was unacceptable! It what world have they allowed a tractor onto the track in those conditions with cars still going round on essentially a blind corner.

He lost the back end due to trying to put heat into the tyres. He shouldn’t have been doing that in the middle of a high speed corner and he should have been punished more severely. Not sure why that’s particularly controversial
But he didn’t and you can clearly see from the footage he lost his back end due to lack of grip. Not his fault! Reprimand was the right thing to do. If he did what Hamilton did in Brazil and just turned into him then a penalty should have been given. However that wasn’t the case.

He lost the back end due to trying to put heat into the tyres. He shouldn’t have been doing that in the middle of a high speed corner and he should have been punished more severely. Not sure why that’s particularly controversial
You said he was lucky not to be penalised? Did you not?

I’ve explained the reasons why he wasn’t and it was purely a reprimand. A precedent has been set for incidents like that by Hamilton. People moan about consistency and then want inconsistency in the sport.

It’s done now, Max is world champion. But I suppose people like to hang onto the smallest of things when it comes to Max. This wouldn’t even be a discussion had it been Lewis that did that to Norris.

And before you start saying I’d be kicking off. I wouldn’t as I would have the same approach if anyone did what Max did. It was a near miss that’s it!

Assuming the amount they’ve spent over the cap has been an investment directly in the car, then any punishment needs to account for that and so I think the only punishment possible (assuming they won’t adjust last seasons points) is to bring down their future cost cap. There’s had to be a punishment that takes away any incentive to break the cap.

Congratulations to Max Verstappen on your 1st F1 World Championship. :Smile:
That could turn out to be the case given that Red Bull broke the financial rules last year. Apparently it is entirely possible (although extremely unlikely) that their drivers could have points deducted for the season the breach relates to.

I'd laugh so much. But unfortunately it won't happen.

Red Bull found guilty of breaking F1's budget cap. It appears that the punishment for breaking the budget cap is a fine. If I was a F1 team principle I would put plans in place to overspend by 5% immediately. A shame for Max who will not deserve the abuse that comes from this news, he has been absolutely dominant this year.
That's exactly what I was thinking. If you think the punishment won't materially affect you then you might as well go for it every year.

RBR leaking information to the Dutch F1 media already.

Sounds like they believe it's very minor and in some grey areas relating to catering, and elements like staff annual leave entitlements.

But then again, it's funny that the 9 remaining teams managed to operate within the budget cap rules.

Load of hogwash, they know exactly where the money went and pretty safe to say it wasn't on food or hols!!

RBR leaking information to the Dutch F1 media already.

Sounds like they believe it's very minor and in some grey areas relating to catering, and elements like staff annual leave entitlements.

But then again, it's funny that the 9 remaining teams managed to operate within the budget cap rules.
It sounds to me like they knew what they were doing and are trying to muddy the waters. I don't believe anyone as astute as Christian Horner would make a mistake like that.

Back