• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula One season about to kick off!

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Surely another Lewis title on the way, but some new drivers and teams this year should keep things interesting!

Such a shame about Charlie Whiting though. He will be very tough to replace - such a (potentially) contentious role, it will be tough for the new Aussie guy to build the respect and relationships Charlie had. RIP Charlie

I really hope that Ferrari and others are competitive this season otherwise it’s just going to be another yawn fest! I’d have to liked to have seen a more competitive no.2 at Mercedes but they didn’t want to upset Hamilton. Bottas is average at best and I will be surprised if he’s with them next year.

Think Leclerc will cause Vettel some issues he’s looked quick in testing.

I’d really like to see McLaren be more competitive again this year. Williams look as though they are too far off the pace though

I’d really like to see McLaren be more competitive again this year. Williams look as though they are too far off the pace though

Agreed, I like Sainz and felt sorry for him after being dumped by Renault. I rate him as a better driver than Hulkenburg who has never lived up to the hype.

Red Bull will be interesting after making the change from Renault to Honda. I don’t think it’s going to end well for them.

For those who have Netflix, Formula One: Drive To Survive is an excellent series they have on there.

Yawn, Mercedes running away again. Hopefully the race will bring more excitement. Great for Norris, would love to see the McLaren start performing again. Williams are so far off the pace it’s not nice to see.

Congratulations to Bottas great win! Ferrari’s were disappointing, great result for the new Honda powered Red Bull. Williams looked shocking once again, don’t know if they’re genuinely struggling or this is the result of not being able to make the full testing session.

Yep! I thought Valtteri did an excellent job today. Lewis’ strategy didn’t seem to pay off and it was a real shame that Ricciardo had to retire again at his home race. I’m not sure we learned an awful lot about the relative strengths of the different packages apart from that Red Bull are still competitive and Ferrari got off to a bad start. They were well off the Mercedes pace. Williams have a lot of work to do.

Another absolute snooze fest! The other manufacturers need to pull their fingers out. Another boring season of Mercedes dominance.

I can see why you say that @Ricey but the simple truth seems to be that Mercedes have the two best drivers, currently (although others have huge potential) and the best car. They should be applauded for that. For me, I would be cheering my nuts off for a snail if it had the Union Jack painted on its shell - so another Lewis win works for me! I want to see him overtake Schumacher. Frankly, Ferrari need to pull their finger out and if they don’t/can’t that is all about them really.

I can see why you say that @Ricey but the simple truth seems to be that Mercedes have the two best drivers, currently (although others have huge potential) and the best car. They should be applauded for that. For me, I would be cheering my nuts off for a snail if it had the Union Jack painted on its shell - so another Lewis win works for me! I want to see him overtake Schumacher. Frankly, Ferrari need to pull their finger out and if they don’t/can’t that is all about them really.

Oh come on you can’t actually believe that can you? Bottas better than Verstappen and Vettel. Give either of them that Mercedes and it would be far more competitive.

Vettel isn’t that great I’m afraid. He’s been shown up by Lewis and hasn’t recovered. Verstappen is great, yes, but not necessarily better today than Bottas who has been brilliant - it’s not just a good car. Verstappen shows more promise than Bottas for me, but that does not make him a nailed on better or more complete driver right now - today - because for me he isn’t.

Come on Lewis,still the best or at least so far.
Enjoy watching Ferrari fall apart and Vettel still demanding to be number one.
Also be good to see the new Brits do well and fingers crossed for Williams,hope things go better for them

This is the 16th reply on this thread and we’ve just had the Monaco GP and no talk about it what so ever. F1 is an absolute bore fest!

I’ve just read Damon Hill’s book and he talks about the battles he had and other drivers had to win races. **** me even Jordan won a race and he nearly won with an Arrows. You’d never see a Haas or Racing Point win a race, they’d be lucky to even get near a podium place. That’s exactly what is wrong with the sport, Mercedes are too far ahead and none of the others are anywhere near. I used to watch races religiously and now I don’t even bother. Tried watching the start of Baku thinking street circuit lots of action and crashes, I switched off after 15 laps. Monaco GP 1 retirement!

For those who want to watch a real motorsport check out the MotoGP! Great battles, the person who starts on pole doesn’t always win!!

And that’s me done with F1! What a crock of ****.

Back