• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Forum Names - Why and What?

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
Apologies if this has been done before, but to lighten the doom; how about we explain our user names??

FLOVAL FLYER

Back in the day (early 80's) I used to race BMX, I rode under the SE Racing banner in the 'Cruiser' division, on a Floval Flyer - 30 years later I managed to buy one and restore it (hence the user name)

P1040420.jpg

Since joining SZ I have I subsequently sold it (for a large profit, as Old School BMX are now big business with rarer bikes changing hands for several grand), but the name stays despite the temptation to change it...

Anyway, that's mine explained.

Anyone care to follow that?

Black Sabbath are one of my favourite bands, and Supernaut is one of my my favourite Sabbath songs.

I have my username because London Blue is cybersquatting what I should be called.

It's in honour of the fine child actress Mary Korman. It's a look that i just can't pull off.

9293_135387194348.jpg

I also live in Milton Keynes.

Mine was born back in the days of BBC606. There were loads of Rootshall prefixes back then so it was question of ploughing through the last bit to find one not already taken. Not very exciting but that's how RHB was born. A bit like trying to pick your email address with a popular mail provider when all the names you want are taken.

When I joined the forum there were already Southend Lady, Blue Lady and various other names that I might have picked. I went with Old Blue Lady because I correctly thought no-one, especially no female, would want to call themselves "Old" anything on here! That was in 2007, so 10 year anniversary next year :smile:

Last edited:
Back in the early days of Yahoo Chat and dial up modems, mid 90s, I got called a little devil by someone on line and an American friend called me this and yes, spelt it like this too and it's been my monicka on all forums and online sites I join.

I was sitting in a New York hotel talking to 2 East London gangsters and they were describing another guy who was " a nasty man -- so nasty , he was mcnasty"

I just had to steal that.

Mine for those not old enough to remember is a little tribute to John Lattimer a great servant of the club in various roles. He was sponge man, coach and even caretaker manager briefly.
I through some running and football injuries met him on numerous occasions for physiotherapy treatment although far less sophisticated options were available then and largely it involved him digging his thumbs into the problem area largely successfully. The pain he inflicted was lessen by his distraction tactic of telling many football stories.

Last edited:
I have my username because London Blue is cybersquatting what I should be called.

Sorry. I did live in London when I joined this site. I don't now though.

Tangled Up In Blue because it expresses my support for SUFC,blues music in general and also a damm fine Bob Dylan song.

I'm assuming you don't use that on the Fulham site you frequent though?

Seinfeld is my favourite TV show of all time. Jerry's creepy Uncle Leo - played by the late Len Lesser - is a minor character in the programme.

[video=youtube;QSzWbNElHOo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSzWbNElHOo[/video]

I'd previously been W4 Shrimper and Uxbridge Shrimper.

Back