• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Forward Partnership

Forward Partnership - Who would you have ?

• Bramble and Dudfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bramble and Eastwood

• Bramble and Gray

• Dudfield and Eastwood

• Dudfield and Gray

• Eastwood and Gray

• Total voters

Having not been at Sixfields to see the recent LDV victory I wondered what people's views are on the ideal front pairing for our strikers giving the choice of the two pairings seen:

Bramble and Dudfield
Eastwood and Gray
or even a combination using the four named players above.

Before the arrival of Eastwood, I thought Bramble looked sharp up front and I have always been an admirer of Dudfield since he joined us, which goes to show we have a luxury of riches up front, with 4 good strikers (for this level of football) to choose from.
Who do you think provides the perfect blend and complement to each others attributes ?

Purely from reports, and radio commentary (not seen us play this season yet
sad.gif
) I've gone eastwood and Gray, though I do like the idea of Bramble on the wing. Dudfield as a sub? Can't knock that!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Dec. 02 2004,11:23)]Purely from reports, and radio commentary (not seen us play this season yet
sad.gif
) I've gone eastwood and Gray, though I do like the idea of Bramble on the wing. Dudfield as a sub? Can't knock that!
wink.gif
Ditto.

i like the idea of Bramble and Eastwood up front. Gray on the wing as he is a good crosser of the ball and can use his pace to take on the full backs or cut in. Dudfield as a sub.

I'm just happy we have this great problem! Surely the competition for places is healthy for the team, making the players work even harder! If I had to choose I would go for Eastwood and Dudfield, with Freddy's good finishing and Dudfields footballing brain. But then we miss the pace of Gray! Chopping and changing like for the LDV game is good when it works, as players get rested and others get a run-out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ Dec. 02 2004,11:41)]I'm just happy we have this great problem! Surely the competition for places is healthy for the team, making the players work even harder! If I had to choose I would go for Eastwood and Dudfield, with Freddy's good finishing and Dudfields footballing brain. But then we miss the pace of Gray! Chopping and changing like for the LDV game is good when it works, as players get rested and others get a run-out.
Which makes us less predictable!
wink.gif

I would like to see Dudfield and Eastwood play together. Gray is the only one who has been given a chance with Fredy so far. I think if Dudfield and Eastwood could hit it off, we could be really frighteneing. Lawrie seems to have got his fitness level at the best it has ever been sinse he has been a shrimper, and i alwways thought he was quality, and far too underated anyway. Give them a go against the Orient, and we will be fine!

Dudfield and Bramble looked the best strike partnership just before both of them got injured. Then Gray done well with Bramble and now with Eastwood. Gray and Eastwood has been the most potent but I feel that the Bramble Dudfield one has looked the best.

Back