• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossets Farm.................progress?

watchtheballboys

Youth Team
I know I am likely to be shot down by others in the know but is it true that is was stated somewhere that we would see progress at the new stadium site in the summer? Was this said by the esteemed RM at the Q&A earlier this year?

Having driven past the site at least once a week for what seems eternity hoping to see the merest hint of the proposed activity there seems to be absolutely nothing going on!

I know there is a fair bit of 'summer' to go so will continue to live in hope that one day the countdown on the opening page of SZ will recommence............

Time will tell...........then we'll dig out this post :)

Feel free to. Of course in response i could pull up the numerous comments from Martin proclaiming work will start on such and such date, and we'll be playing in the new ground in x amount of time. In fact for those who are keeping score, Martin origionally said he planned for us to move into the new ground for the start of the 09/10 season!!

Forgive me for not believing it untill i see it (completed)

Can't believe you lot actually think it'll be built!! haha

so when the it gets boarded up and the construction moves on to site are you going eat your words - we have come to far now in the pursuit of new stadium once we sell roots hall to sainsbury if we have not already done so
we have to get on that site

so when the it gets boarded up and the construction moves on to site are you going eat your words -

What does that mean exactly? Some field has been boarded up? That means diddily.

Until the ground is complete, i.e. until the day it is certified safe, then i will always have doubts

actually everyone, I was joking when I said we'll dig the post out hence the smiley. Whatever happens what I really want is there to be no "I told you so's". The whole think was a huge gamble from the outset, development always is and if it was all so easy then we'd all be millionaires. If it's built and if the finacing is right for the club after its built then we should all be happy. If it fails, then its a disaster for all of us.
Which ever way it goes, please, no "I told you so's".

What does that mean exactly? Some field has been boarded up? That means diddily.

Until the ground is complete, i.e. until the day it is certified safe, then i will always have doubts

diddily eh you a bit sparse on fields in grays all taken up with deveolpments

i was referering to Fosset Farm being boarded up in preparation for building work

diddily eh you a bit sparse on fields in grays all taken up with deveolpments

i was referering to Fosset Farm being boarded up in preparation for building work

It's quite obvious i was referring to FF.

Personally think that something will materialize over the summer more so then end of summer in maybe late august / september, but i will say this if there is little or no investment in the playing staff for this coming season and no sign of fossetts farm even being started then Ron Martin should get both barrells of the supporters.

He has been very very lucky so far that a small demo aside he has received very little from the stands in terms of abuse. I will not hold back if we are struggling financially like last season with half a team and no fossetts. That will be the final straw.

FF ~ Perhaps time for a little news.....

I posted the original thread and the comments have confirmed so far that various quotes have been made by RM as to when something is likely to happen on site.

It would be in RM's interest to be a little more specific to supporters when something will happen on site as he may appease some of us who fear for the future of the club. The construction side of things is logistically always planned many months in advance, even Ron cannot make a call and say lets get things started next week so information and a schedule must be out there somewhere.

He has a lot to gain and will perhaps raise the morale of supporters if he can be more specific on dates for FF, afterall it is not like transfer dealings where it may well be in the interests of the club to be discreet by not disclosing information to us.

We just have to hope that there is loads of acitivity going on behind the scenes regarding new players as with the not totally unexpected news re Moussa and Franno probably to be followed by Macca and Adam I hate to think we will have only half a team next year and possibly not even a glimmer of a new stadium.

So come on Ron, lets us know what is going on regarding FF as it will show you can deliver on some of your promises............

Last edited:
so when the it gets boarded up and the construction moves on to site are you going eat your words - we have come to far now in the pursuit of new stadium once we sell roots hall to sainsbury if we have not already done so
we have to get on that site

and how far have we come exactly??

Back