• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No plans have been sent to anyone yet, as far as I know. No planning application, for Southend or Rochford, has been submitted.

In Rochford's case, the scheme on their land has not changed very much IIRC. Therefore, with a precedent already set in 2008, it's highly unlikely they would have a leg to stand on if they refused permission and we appealed.

I thought they said at the new ground exhibition thing, that plans would be submitted by the end of this year? So not long to wait now!

I thought they said at the new ground exhibition thing, that plans would be submitted by the end of this year? So not long to wait now!

Yeah they did say that. Whether it actually happens though, is anyone's guess.

Yeah they did say that. Whether it actually happens though, is anyone's guess.

Presume they have had a chat with Council officials who would have then told them that they have issues with high street and also access roads. This could mean that RM and BL have to make some amendments before submitting their plans, so could well be a delay.

No plans have been sent to anyone yet, as far as I know. No planning application, for Southend or Rochford, has been submitted.

In Rochford's case, the scheme on their land has not changed very much IIRC. Therefore, with a precedent already set in 2008, it's highly unlikely they would have a leg to stand on if they refused permission and we appealed.

Councillors can refuse planning for any reason they like and plenty often do. Even if they think they may lose an appeal many still do. I've met a few people that are very pleased with themselves because they managed to needlessly delay even a small project for five years. In our country if you give someone power they love to say No.

Councillors can refuse planning for any reason they like and plenty often do. Even if they think they may lose an appeal many still do. I've met a few people that are very pleased with themselves because they managed to needlessly delay even a small project for five years. In our country if you give someone power they love to say No.

They can refuse but they'll lose on appeal and it will cost the authority thousands in costs to do so.

I must have sat through 100 planning meetings in my life, under several different councils, and on more occasions than I care to remember they've passed things reluctantly because they know they'd lose an independent appeal (with a Government inspector overseeing).

Councils have to watch their pennies even more than ever now thanks to this Government's crippling austerity measures and making a frivolous appeal about a planning application that already has precedent is utterly nonsensical.

You make the point about power and I agree, but their hands are tied to a certain extent with this.

They can refuse but they'll lose on appeal and it will cost the authority thousands in costs to do so.

I must have sat through 100 planning meetings in my life, under several different councils, and on more occasions than I care to remember they've passed things reluctantly because they know they'd lose an independent appeal (with a Government inspector overseeing).

Councils have to watch their pennies
even more than ever now thanks to this Government's crippling austerity measures and making a frivolous appeal about a planning application that already has precedent is utterly nonsensical.

You make the point about power and I agree, but their hands are tied to a certain extent with this.

Agreed...So do football clubs, especially SUFC. So any lengthy delay may put an end to the whole scheme and our club. Something an awkward football hating, not to keen on Ron new powers since 2008 councillors might be aware of.

The person who told me about Rochford Council would definitely know and he's a Shrimper.

Under the new plans they could easily ask for an unrealistic road improvements in order to stop or slow the plan.

Personally I think that if Southend Council get devolution and they have to find their own funding, they will approve FFS as they will need to increase revenue gained from business rates. FFS would give them this opportunity.

Well as suggested there are questions about this project - not least the parking issue. The statement which says, 'The developers themselves admit they have a difficult situation on their hands , and will look to encourage people to park elsewhere...' is comical. It means they have proposed a plan with insufficient parking and want to unload that burden on other car parks rather than assuming the responsibility with sensible plans. Will the council refuse planning because of parking? They should but that means nothing.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/141...d_to__traffic_chaos__in_Southend/?ref=mr&lp=6

I must have a drum to bang this morning but after posting I still could not believe it. Can you imagine if I said I want to build a block of flats and said the residents will have to use other peoples driveways to park? I can scarcely believe the this developers statement :stunned:

This of course is exactly why these developments are invariably out of town- at site like Fossetts Farm. Does a great job really of highlighting why FF makes sense - almost wonder if Ron has paid these people to come forward with their plan :-)

Back