• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossetts Farm Stadium in doubt

Just gonna post this.

Dont sound good - can we get that moody pic of Ron back on the OS asap for an explanation!?

just look at the picture, you'll feel better

0,,10444~3199163,00.jpg

Ron's said enough, it's only like when Arsenal built the Emirates, they had to move loads of businesses, took time and these things are to be expected but with Sainsbury's having an interest this will resolve itself!

Be calm!

I notice the article says that Ron doers not agree with with the comments made by the College Chief Exec. Sounds familiar......

Ron's said enough, it's only like when Arsenal built the Emirates, they had to move loads of businesses, took time and these things are to be expected but with Sainsbury's having an interest this will resolve itself!

Be calm!

call me a sceptic, but i'm not entirely convinced that Sainsburys couldn't find a better site in Southend with much improved access than Roots Hall could provide - my money is on Sainsbury's walking away and us being left at square one

call me a sceptic, but i'm not entirely convinced that Sainsburys couldn't find a better site in Southend with much improved access than Roots Hall could provide - my money is on Sainsbury's walking away and us being left at square one

They've probably invested too much to just walk away, I'm sure there's a lot of legalities regarding this, there's two parties involved and I would guess that just "walking away" would not be easily done.

And anyway, if there were these "better sites" why would Sainsbury's have taken on a development with so many caveats when they could've opted for the easier option in the first place?

Often think this myself - makes you wonder what will be on the West side of the stadium that backs onto the street? Will they just stick and access road down it (where the turnstiles are now) to Sainsburys?

Often think this myself - makes you wonder what will be on the West side of the stadium that backs onto the street? Will they just stick and access road down it (where the turnstiles are now) to Sainsburys?

Because you can't have the main point of entry or exit in Shakespeare Drive realistically

I believe Prospects will be part of any compulsory purchase required

And Sainsburys will not be walking away from this either ;)

OOPS SORRY .. I SEEM TO HAVE MISS-READ YOUR POST pboreham

I've seen the future and it involves lots of mini roundabouts. 10+ should do the trick.

If not, I will be really gutted.

notice it wasnt Mr phillips that wrote the article!

im at the stage where im taking all of these stories with a pinch of salt, we need cash to complete, simple as.
from what i can gather sainsburys seem to be relatively accepting about the whole thing, the longer it takes the more the market will pick up and they can sell there town centre plot for a fortune!!
new ground or not, the biggest thing that makes me nervous is Sainsburys potentially starting to build over our car park before were even close to building our stadium. would be a travesty to lose our ground and have to groundshare with someone while were waiting for fossetts, :'(

the biggest thing that makes me nervous is Sainsburys potentially starting to build over our car park before were even close to building our stadium. (

Think of it as though the Sunday Roots Hall market is going permanent. A great chance for passing football fans to Taste the difference albeit with fewer knock-off DVD opportunities.

Thats what i remember, very unlike the Echo to rehash an old story aint it :thump:

are we in a position to carry out a cumpulsory purchase on the college ? I only thought that a compulsory purchase order could be made on a government scheme, not a development like this . . . it would be like me knocking on next door and telling them i was buying their house whether they liked it or not

besides, why not sell sell RH to Morrisons, then go hand in hand with Sainsbury's to Fossetts Farm . . . everone's a winner ;)

Last edited:
Think of it as though the Sunday Roots Hall market is going permanent. A great chance for passing football fans to Taste the difference albeit with fewer knock-off DVD opportunities.

exactly £15.00 Dvds? thats the real travesty

:'(

besides, why not sell sell RH to Morrisons, then go hand in hand with Sainsbury's to Fossetts Farm . . . everone's a winner ;)

I thought Waitrose only wanted Morrisons on their doorstep (to encourage poor people to stay out of their own store)?

Last edited:
Back