• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fossetts farm to start being built in june?

i have stayed off in the last week or so because of all the rubbish recently and probably saying a few thinks i would regret but i remember martin saying on a couple of times but importantly at the q&a that bulding work would deff start in june.

i can't see this happening, if it doesn't when will it?

he's promised us a start date which may come back to bite him in the arse. i don't expect the stadium to turn everything around but the dragging on is costing us big time.

i walk the dogs over fossets every day so i will be able to see as and when they start the work on it, bet it dont even happen before october at best.

Well it maybe the only thing that may help attract players this summer. So I bloody well hope it gets underway before the world cup ends.

Well it maybe the only thing that may help attract players this summer. So I bloody well hope it gets underway before the world cup ends.

I agree. We don't want that Lionel Messi bloke getting himself in the shop window before our new stadium lures him in! ;)

BUMP****

all has gone quiet (again) on the stadium front.

due to start by end of june. i don't know about everyone else but i cannot see it happening.

I don't recall him actually saying it would be June, rather people inferred it from him saying that due dliligence had to be completed by May 31st. Ron only said that building would be starting during the summer ;-(

Im pretty sure he said he hoped it would be June, theres still 6 weeks to see something happen.

Shant be getting too expectant though...

I don't think it would be a major shock if it didn't start in June. I hope Ron Martin starts to realise it is unwise to give dates unless he is certain he can keep to them.
Unfortunately a lack of activity at FF will lead to demands on here for statements from the club and Ron Martin and the cycle will start again. Sometimes I think that Ron Martin and his critics both need each other.

I wouldn't care so much if it didn't start in June as long as something is released by the club... Even if it's something along the lines of; "Things are taking longer than expected, so we're xxx behind schedule," or "Prospects are proving a thorn in our side, so we've called in our CPO."

I wouldn't care so much if it didn't start in June as long as something is released by the club... Even if it's something along the lines of; "Things are taking longer than expected, so we're xxx behind schedule," or "Prospects are proving a thorn in our side, so we've called in our CPO."

Have to agree there.

I for one hope it does not go down the CPO route. If it does, work won't start till next year without question.

Depends on three key things for me...

1 - How quickly (or indeed if) a deal can be reached/closed out with Prospects
2 - If Ron has already done a deal on a fixed price with a Contractor, and if their lead-in time for mobilisation on site is fairly quick thereafter
3 - We won't actually see much physical work on the stadium per se if there are mains services beneath the site which require diversion. Can anybody confirm/deny this? If this is the case, you may have to rely on what are called 'statutory undertakers' (i.e. public/private service providers - people like BT, Thames Water etc..) to come in and complete the works first, and trust me, these guys are NEVER in a rush to start or complete works.

According to the responses of all three, the timeframes for taking posession of the site for construction works could vary wildly.
If Ron needs to tender for a Contractor for whatever reason, you could be looking at at least a couple of months for one to be appointed.

would be nice to get an update every once in a while on how everythings going.

i clearly remember rm stating work would begin late june. considering it was a q & a pretty much questioning his running of the club anways it was a risking statement to say considering we all know the odds are against anything happening for quite some time.

would be nice to get an update every once in a while on how everythings going.
It would be nice, but please bear in mind:
1. Ron is a busy guy, and I'm sure he'd love to regularly update fans, but he's probably got enough on his plate.
2. There are some things where it probably isn't beneficial to make public. i.e. delicate negotiations taking place.
3. Last time Ron gave us an update on progress, he made a (perhaps ill-informed) joke about boycotting the Pizza place. He got stick for this, so fans can't really have it both ways, and Ron probably thought afterwards that it probably isn't worth the effort.

i clearly remember rm stating work would begin late june. considering it was a q & a pretty much questioning his running of the club anways it was a risking statement to say considering we all know the odds are against anything happening for quite some time.
1. Guess what, it isn't the end of June yet... he's got another 6 weeks so give the guy a break. In 6 weeks time, you, and others will want to know from RM if and why there is a hold-up, and what that means for our short, medium and long term future. That's the right time to demand answers. He gave a deadline, so let him work on achieving it.
2. You say that the odds are against anything happening, why?

Last edited:

2 - If Ron has already done a deal on a fixed price with a Contractor, and if their lead-in time for mobilisation on site is fairly quick thereafter
3 - We won't actually see much physical work on the stadium per se if there are mains services beneath the site which require diversion. Can anybody confirm/deny this? If this is the case, you may have to rely on what are called 'statutory undertakers' (i.e. public/private service providers - people like BT, Thames Water etc..) to come in and complete the works first, and trust me, these guys are NEVER in a rush to start or complete works.

According to the responses of all three, the timeframes for taking posession of the site for construction works could vary wildly.
If Ron needs to tender for a Contractor for whatever reason, you could be looking at at least a couple of months for one to be appointed.

Undertakers ? hmmm

I don't recall him actually saying it would be June, rather people inferred it from him saying that due dliligence had to be completed by May 31st. Ron only said that building would be starting during the summer ;-(

Ron didn't say it. People have put two and two together and come up with five. And I thought that was my area!

On record all. He never said June. Most of you are creating false hopes for yourselves and others. Stop it. Ron said this summer and if it goes Indian we could be waiting 'til November.

I'm pretty sure most if not all of this has been completed. Quite some time ago actually.

Certainly the pylons have been removed and cables layed underground. Pretty sure I saw the water and gas bods digging the road up around there as well...

I think once the Prospects deal is sorted. The fences and JCB's will be on-site pretty sharpish.

Last edited:
Back