• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossetts Park?

FLAVIA

Mr. P.
Using the new road which runs between the Eastern Ave - Waitrose roundabout and Sutton Road - near Temple Farm Ind Estate.
When coming from Sutton Road the sign pointing to the new road reads Fossetts Park. First time I have heard it called this, thought Fossetts Farm was the name for the whole site?
The 2 buildings nearly completed - B & Q and Comet - are huge, cant see how the stadium can fail to be passed!

The farm was the farm that was there previously, not surprised they changed it to Park.

I agree, hard for anyone to complain the stadium is ruining the landscape, in fact the stadium is far more attractive from an asthetic point of view.

i think from a public enquiry point of view Ron may have delayed its start date for this very reason, that there will already be existing blot on the landscape so in fact what we are doing isnt abnormal just enhancing an already developing area

i think from a public enquiry point of view Ron may have delayed its start date for this very reason, that there will already be existing blot on the landscape so in fact what we are doing isnt abnormal just enhancing an already developing area

Agreed Andy and the fact that they are having a "change " of heart in the powers that be and have or are deciding that out of town shopping area's should not be effected by inner towns objections.

Mentioned on the Council website here: http://www.southend.gov.uk/news/default.asp?id=2224

Also, a quick Google search revelas a VOSA report with details of a new shuttle bus service to Fossett's Park. All looking very good news for the stadium :)

STEPHENSONS OF ESSEX LTD, RIVERSIDE INDUSTRIAL EST, SOUTH ST , ROCHFORD SS4 1BSPF0000454/46

To: Fossetts Park B & Q Store
Via:
Name or No: 61
Service Type: Normal Stopping, Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 23-Jul-2007
Other Details: Daily, every 30/60 minutes. No service December 25, December 26, January 1 or public holidays.

Last edited:
IIRC Lansbury owned the part of Fossetts Farm we needed for the Stadium development.

They were holding Ron to ransom a couple of years back in terms of sale price for this part of the land, but eventually Ron struck a deal and bought the land needed to turn dreams into reality.

IIRC Lansbury owned the part of Fossetts Farm we needed for the Stadium development.

They were holding Ron to ransom a couple of years back in terms of sale price for this part of the land, but eventually Ron struck a deal and bought the land needed to turn dreams into reality.

I knew there was a connection somewhere! Makes sense now anyway, cheers Smiffy. :)

Primarily because RM delayed buying the land from the original owner (Swan Holdings ?? seems to ring a bell) attempting to drive the price down, Lansbury stepped in , paid the asking price and then demanded a land swap in order to give SUFC the site they required for the stadium.
I believe that Lansbury will be developing a bit of the land SEL own and the stadium will be built on both SEL and Lansbury land

Back