• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Contact Ron as he might change the entire scheme to suit your pitch needs:hilarious:

Or contact someone in a higher authority to change the dawning and setting of the sun from East to West to a new projection of North to South! Simples :unsure:

Don't like the idea of an East-West pitch, most stadia are South-North orientated....unless free sunglasses are being provided for those in the (proposed) main stand?

Interestingly Wembley Stadium is East-West, having said that I found this:-

FIFA Stadium Technical Recommendations and Requirements guide:

"Great care must be taken regarding the angle of the playing field in relation to the sun and the prevailing weather conditions. ... A north-south field orientation is often considered ideal but more sophisticated analysis has led stadium designers to choose an angle equal to the average direction of the sun at half time in an afternoon game."

Lets hope we have loads of evening games so it will not matter.

Interestingly Wembley Stadium is East-West, having said that I found this:-

FIFA Stadium Technical Recommendations and Requirements guide:

Lets hope we have loads of evening games so it will not matter.

Yeah one of the worst East/West grounds is Swindon not helped by a low stand at the West end of the ground. The sun during the whole 2nd half this season was about the lowest angle possible for the time of year.

Personally,I'd prefer it if the council owned Roots Hall rather than the Chairman.Or even the supporters.:whistling:

Supporters, yes. Council, definitely not. The irony being the supporters did own Roots Hall until they gave it to Vic Jobson who mortgaged it to the hilt.

probably already posted, but from last months propertyweek.com looks like Ron wants to rent flats in the new stadium, as well build to sell..

The club’s owner Martin Dawn will build 160 units into the North Stand of the new 21,000-seater Fossetts Farm stadium, in addition to 300 for-sale residential units that will be built as part of the masterplan in nearby tower blocks.

Building homes for rent into the stadium allows the owners to “keep control of the building”, a source close to the project said, describing the move to build PRS directly into a football stadium as “ground-breaking”.

Martin Dawn is also in advanced talks with Hilton to anchor the 131-bed hotel planned for the scheme, which will also be incorporated into the stadium.

The owner will submit a revised planning application next month to reflect the changes, which will also see the retail space upped from 230,000 sq ft to 300,000 sq ft.

Hmm.

I suppose football stadiums are always better in amongst houses than in industrial estates.

I wonder if buying a flat with a view of the pitch in the new North Stand be cheaper than buying season tickets? :winking:

I wonder if buying a flat with a view of the pitch in the new North Stand be cheaper than buying season tickets? :winking:

I'm sure they will be cheaper than one with a view that doesn't overlook the pitch :winking: :clap:

I'm sure they will be cheaper than one with a view that doesn't overlook the pitch :winking: :clap:

Well may I ask what you expected to see out of a Southend-on-Sea hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon ? :winking: #Fawlty

probably already posted, but from last months propertyweek.com looks like Ron wants to rent flats in the new stadium, as well build to sell..

The club’s owner Martin Dawn will build 160 units into the North Stand of the new 21,000-seater Fossetts Farm stadium, in addition to 300 for-sale residential units that will be built as part of the masterplan in nearby tower blocks.

Building homes for rent into the stadium allows the owners to “keep control of the building”, a source close to the project said, describing the move to build PRS directly into a football stadium as “ground-breaking”.

Martin Dawn is also in advanced talks with Hilton to anchor the 131-bed hotel planned for the scheme, which will also be incorporated into the stadium.

The owner will submit a revised planning application next month to reflect the changes, which will also see the retail space upped from 230,000 sq ft to 300,000 sq ft.

In other words the whole thing is going to look like a piece of S**... but lining Ron's pockets on the way at every corner......Does he care about the club...Does he F***.

In other words the whole thing is going to look like a piece of S**... but lining Ron's pockets on the way at every corner......Does he care about the club...Does he F***.

I get your point.

What's the alternative? The whole project has to be funded somehow. It's got to make the powers that be money.

We have to move to survive. If we get a 21k stadium out of it I'm all for it.

Back