• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin has starting showing his face on the pitch and also giving statements to the press praising the fans. Call me cynical but Ronald usually does this when he has something underlying to say.

I would not be surprised if big news is a foot.

I hope so because I'm not sure how much life roots hall has left in it.

Big news calls for a big foot. Snapped this morning just behind the fence. Would I lie to you?

foot.jpg

Date....20th April 2024..........Champions league semi final.

Match Report.

SOUTHEND UNITED 1 REAL MADRID 0

Southend took a slender lead for the return leg in Spain,The Ron Martin Arena was packed as the crowd of 55,000 roared on the Shrimpers on a fantastic night of soccer.

Team mascot Rigsby was in fine form in his twin role of winding up the fans whilst impersonating our Bri....Riggers often seen hanging out of aging manager Brown's pants...but hey who cares,it was a great night.

Ron looked down from his crows nest high up in the gods throwing money onto the crowd as he is now 14th richest man in the world.

The only goal was scored by Fiego Ronaldo the son of the great man.

The Spanish team were seen hours after the game enjoying ice cream from Ron's Rossi ice cream parlour(which now has a capacity of 1000)

Great times.

Date....20th April 2024..........Champions league semi final.

Match Report.

SOUTHEND UNITED 1 REAL MADRID 0

Southend took a slender lead for the return leg in Spain,The Ron Martin Arena was packed as the crowd of 55,000 roared on the Shrimpers on a fantastic night of soccer.

Team mascot Rigsby was in fine form in his twin role of winding up the fans whilst impersonating our Bri....Riggers often seen hanging out of aging manager Brown's pants...but hey who cares,it was a great night.

Ron looked down from his crows nest high up in the gods throwing money onto the crowd as he is now 14th richest man in the world.

The only goal was scored by Fiego Ronaldo the son of the great man.

The Spanish team were seen hours after the game enjoying ice cream from Ron's Rossi ice cream parlour(which now has a capacity of 1000)

Great times.

What have we told you about not giving up your day job? :winking:

Someone more legally up on things than me might know more, but Isn't there something in law where you can keep planning permission alive by doing minor works on site?

If so, maybe this is what's happening.

Announcement must be incoming. Maybe at the end of seasons once play offs are secured? If so I really believe this will be the start of the project

Someone more legally up on things than me might know more, but Isn't there something in law where you can keep planning permission alive by doing minor works on site?

If so, maybe this is what's happening.

Section 56(4) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 says that “development is taken to be begun on the earliest date on which a material operation is carried out”. A material operation is defined in the Act and can include any works of construction, demolition, digging foundations, laying out or constructing a road and a material change in the use of the land.

In practice, very minor works are sufficient to commence a planning permission. These may include pegging out a road or piling. However, care must be taken to ensure that the works reflect what has actually been approved by the planning permission.

This all assumes that there is extant planning permission - by no means certain.

It is further complicated by Section 106 requirements.

I wouldn't have thought the fence on its own would be "material" - depends what they do behind it !

Perfect 'Mick'.:thumbsup:

I thought it was something along those lines. I think it then means you don't have to re-apply for permission, though I'm probably wrong.

I'm surprised the Echo haven't picked up on this and asking questions..... Does anyone follow CF on twitter

Seen a picture of it with writing that says, "One Team, One Dream"... and "Your club, your community". (Click my twitter link below it's the last thing I retweeted.

On a side now the fact we are all creaming our nickers over a fence shows how slow this stadium has been..!

Is this a wind up?

6f5b7140cf23e370215de5ea3973c24b.jpg
4ff10485794310661416b8e9e6676414.jpg

Perfect 'Mick'.:thumbsup:

I thought it was something along those lines. I think it then means you don't have to re-apply for permission, though I'm probably wrong.

But, and a big but, if it has lapsed already none of that applies.

Technically you are correct, the first clause on any planning consent is that development needs to commence within 5 years. However if the Local Planning Authority think you're just playing silly beggars, they can serve a completion notice on you.

HOWEVER, in the case of the new stadium I don't think that Planning Permission was ever granted, as it was granted subject to a Section 106 legal agreement being signed (which would have put certain legal obligations on us to pay money towards the High Street shops, complete road improvements or whatever else).

I'm pretty sure the legal agreement was never signed so there is not an extant planning permission in place, so that is almost certainly not what is happening here.

Seen a picture of it with writing that says, "One Team, One Dream"... and "Your club, your community". (Click my twitter link below it's the last thing I retweeted.

On a side now the fact we are all creaming our nickers over a fence shows how slow this stadium has been..!

Hold on..... I don't like the dream bit, that's all it ever has been. I must say I'm slightly moist :stunned:

Back