• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Foulness bike ride

Just wondered what the course is like. I want to take the kids in their trailer which is OK for off roading as long as it isn't too rough.

I have a friend who has done this regularly in the past, she is a committed cyclist, having also done London to Brighton and a few others. This is the one she started on though, and her son, did it for the first time aged about 10, from memory. It's smoothish and flat I think from what she's said.

Yes, I've done it and am doing it again this year. (11.45 kick off)

The course is flat, as you'd expect, and they've extended it this year. Not sure of the total milage, but from memory you can do one or two laps. It's quite a nice ride, not very challenging, but beware the wind! Get's a bit blowy over there.

The extended bit this year does include some off-road, but I can't imagine it's anything other than gravel / shail type stuff.

http://www.thorpebayrotaryclub.org.uk/bike.html clicky link.

Last edited:
Great day out as long as there is'nt a fresh easterly or westerly wind blowing. My son and i entered in successive years. Not being a cyclist the only problem i experienced was that my 'jaffas' were numb for the rest of the day/evening!.

Yes, and the course has changed and the organisers are saying that the new course is unsuitable for racing bikes.

Back