• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
It seems to be that we nearly always commit less fouls than the opposition, but end up with at least the same number of yellow cards as them.

Am I being paranoid, or am I right? Or do we go for quality, not quantity when it comes to fouling?

It seems to be that we nearly always commit less fouls than the opposition, but end up with at least the same number of yellow cards as them.

Am I being paranoid, or am I right? Or do we go for quality, not quantity when it comes to fouling?
I think we have a number of gobby individuals, several of our cards have been for dissent! We also have some very naive players at times that get caught out, as well as those that go in for dodgy tackles!

Statistics, as we all know, tell you everything and nothing. Perhaps we have similar numbers of bad tackles, more successful tackles and as OBL says, a few more 'passionate' players.

Considering that Yellow cards for fouls are only given for persistent foul play 2 players could give away 10 fouls between them and get two bookings yet the opposition could all give two fouls away each and not get any yellows for double the total number of fouls.

Plus a lot of our cards are for dissent

Considering that Yellow cards for fouls are only given for persistent foul play

There are numerous YC offences for fouls. Persistent infringement is just one of them. Unsporting Behaviour will make up the majority of foul tackles, because this covers Reckless tackles, committing a foul for the tactical purpose of interfering with or breaking up a promising attack(sometimes called 'professional fouls'), holds an opponent for the tactical purpose of pulling the opponent away from the ball or preventing the opponent from getting to the ball (shirt pulling, basically), or some handball offences warrant a yellow card under USB.

There are numerous YC offences for fouls. Persistent infringement is just one of them. Unsporting Behaviour will make up the majority of foul tackles, because this covers Reckless tackles, committing a foul for the tactical purpose of interfering with or breaking up a promising attack(sometimes called 'professional fouls'), holds an opponent for the tactical purpose of pulling the opponent away from the ball or preventing the opponent from getting to the ball (shirt pulling, basically), or some handball offences warrant a yellow card under USB.

Fair enough, but the refs report will not say Foul, which is sort of what I was getting at.....

Back