• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Found a reason to moan

Shrimper till i die

Youth Team
Why is it that Birmingham are allowed to play in blue at roots hall but we arnt allowed to where blue at st Andrews? The colours haven’t changed, if the ref at the hall thought the two colours are different enough why not return the favour and allow us to wear our home colours last night.

Just a little odd chanting blue army. Is this a case of ‘we are Birmingham, we are massive, we do and wear what we want!’

Anyway, great night last night UTB.

Did Birmingham wear Blue at ours ? Dont remember that, must have blanked the whole game from memory to save long term damage!

Yeah they did wear blue at RH.
Must be down to the discretion of the individual referee.
Wigan were wearing a Southend-esque navy blue away kit at Reading last night too, which with the Royals mainly blue kit was a bit of a clash as far as I could see!

Last edited:
Did Birmingham wear Blue at ours ? Dont remember that, must have blanked the whole game from memory to save long term damage!

0,,10444~3068622,00.jpg

Why is it that Birmingham are allowed to play in blue at roots hall but we arnt allowed to where blue at st Andrews?

Do you know we weren't? Maybe we just turned up with red off our own backs ( ... and we now have red shirts on sale!!!).

I see no point at all in allowing matches between clubs playing in two different shades of blue, much better for fans and officials for one to change.

I believe Brums other kit is black and therefore closer to our home kit than their blue. As has been said, is it not possible we decided to play in red?

With the new red shirts just now on sale I'd have thought that it was our choice to wear them. Had it been down to a clash with Birmingham's blue surely we'd have played in the white second kit.

Back