• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Found this on youtube.

Interesting bit that Maine was implying almost criminal by Ron to charge £400 for rental of the ground 21 years ago

Nice luxury studio ..... oh no sorry, its his shabby cheap bedroom!

Hardly a ground breaking informative video and who said he was qualified to be in a position to criticse or judge our club. I suggest he pays more attention to clearing up his facial spots, of which he has more than we got points, than getting his patronising facts wrong.These 5 minute wanna be rich youtubers drive me nuts ... do one you Lineker wannabe child !!
I hit the like button on the video in spite of everything you said. =)

Hardly a ground breaking informative video and who said he was qualified to be in a position to criticse or judge our club. I suggest he pays more attention to clearing up his facial spots, of which he has more than we got points, than getting his patronising facts wrong.These 5 minute wanna be rich youtubers drive me nuts ... do one you Lineker wannabe child !!

Bit of a cheap, unnecessary, shot criticizing appearance.

His shirt looks newer than yours though.

His shirt looks newer than yours though.
Are you actually backing this guy, who clearly hasn't done his homework but is trying to cash in on YouTube subscribers by giving false information on the club! No wonder the world is full of these leech suckers!!

Fink we all know that SUFC's excellent yoof system didn't "produce" Sir Stan.
I also resent that no players want to join Southend ... Brunt and Lopota are two decent players and I'm sure @StanleyVictorCollymore will make him eat his words. We need to stop this negativity and allow the new management team to do their job. It takes time but I believe they will. This clown is probably a Colchester supporter ....

Last edited:
Guys ....

First of all I want to apologise for my response yesterday. I was in a rare extremely bad mood for a number of reasons I won't go into and a negative, inaccurate video about the club, which agreed isn't in the best place as the guy accurately stated, just capped it off. I shouldn't have got personal which was highly unfair. However, I don't think its also fair to say no one wants to join our club when Stan and the team are working tirelessly to achieve that. We will be back.

@blueblueblue @RobM .... I hold no grudge and I don't blame you for getting personal. I deserved that. Let's hope we can turn this around and start seeing positive videos about us! It's been too long!!

Have a good day chaps.

Guys ....

First of all I want to apologise for my response yesterday. I was in a rare extremely bad mood for a number of reasons I won't go into and a negative, inaccurate video about the club, which agreed isn't in the best place as the guy accurately stated, just capped it off. I shouldn't have got personal which was highly unfair. However, I don't think its also fair to say no one wants to join our club when Stan and the team are working tirelessly to achieve that. We will be back.

@blueblueblue @RobM .... I hold no grudge and I don't blame you for getting personal. I deserved that. Let's hope we can turn this around and start seeing positive videos about us! It's been too long!!

Have a good day chaps.

Fair play to you.

I'll remove my reply.

I also resent that no players want to join Southend ... Brunt and Lopota are two decent players and I'm sure @StanleyVictorCollymore will make him eat his words. We need to stop this negativity and allow the new management team to do their job. It takes time but I believe they will. This clown is probably a Colchester supporter ....

Indeed.But as Stan pointed out it's a no-brainer that decent players would want to come and play in front of crowds of "6,000." on loan at least. Unfortunately I don't see that situation ie the decent crowds pertaining much longer,certainly not into next season unless we make a flying start, after having managed to stay in the NL this season..It will be interesting to see how many we get against Maidenhead tomorrow,in what is a crucial game for the club.It's also our last home game before Xmas.

Interesting bit that Maine was implying almost criminal by Ron to charge £400 for rental of the ground 21 years ago
Sorry that should of course read £400,000 a year charged for ground rental
That was and remains the case, of course. Know someone who was working for JM at the time.She confirms the story (which is well known anyway).

Indeed.But as Stan pointed out it's a no-brainer that decent players would want to come and play in front of crowds of "6,000." on loan at least. Unfortunately I don't see that situation ie the decent crowds pertaining much longer,certainly not into next season unless we make a flying start, after having managed to stay in the NL this season..It will be interesting to see how many we get against Maidenhead tomorrow,in what is a crucial game for the club.It's also our last home game before Xmas.
3 points would be a welcome early present!

Back