• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Since Phil ditched the ridiculous 451 and played 2 proper forwards up top the record is

Played 18 won. 11. Drawn 4. Lost 3 for 27 against 15 points 37.

The return of 2 points per game is superb and over the season would mean the title !

Now Phil hold your nerve because I feel if we don't make 3rd we will do it at Wembley.

442 please Phil for the remainder of this season.

Since Phil ditched the ridiculous 451 and played 2 proper forwards up top the record is

The return of 2 points per game is superb and over the season would mean the title !

Now Phil hold your nerve because I feel if we don't make 3rd we will do it at Wembley.

Is there anything in this post that you already haven't gone on about elsewhere. The cynics among us wonder if you are just trying to catch OBL on the post count.

Who would you have played as the 2 strikers in, say, October? Who's to say that would have definitely worked?

I agree we now have the personnel to play 4-4-2 for the remainder of the season, and can't see Phil changing this now.

Who would you have played as the 2 strikers in, say, October? Who's to say that would have definitely worked?

I agree we now have the personnel to play 4-4-2 for the remainder of the season, and can't see Phil changing this now.

I still think Corr and Williams would be a brilliant pairing at this level,Jason would learn the ropes from Barry Imo.

I still think Corr and Williams would be a brilliant pairing at this level,Jason would learn the ropes from Barry Imo.
Jason Williams is back!!!!!!! Brown out he only knows how to win 5 in a row. We want someone who can win 12 in 5 games

We never played 442 with proper forwards and I include Barney in that equation too.

Of course Barney would spoil your false stats. So would Shaq, who you claim never played down the middle but he did on several occasions. Including his last game at the club at home to Plymouth. Just like Luton away it looked he'd been on the weed.

We have played far more than 18 games with 442, including the ones above. The truth does not fit with your PB obsession. I know its a difficult period for you at the moment after 5wins in a row without conceding and your obviously looking a bit stupid. If we had been in Lutons position and lost six on the spin no doubt you be starting three threads about a manager is only as good as his last few games, we have choked at the business end of the season etc.

Last edited:
Of course Barney would spoil your false stats. So would Shaq, who you claim never played down the middle but he did on several occasions. Including his last game at the club at home to Plymouth. Just like Luton away it looked he'd been on the weed.

We have played far more than 18 games with 442, including the ones above. The truth does not fit with your PB obsession. I know its a difficult period for you at the moment after 5wins in a row without conceding and your obviously looking a bit stupid. If we had been in Lutons position and lost six on the spin no doubt you be starting three threads about a manager is only as good as his last few games, we have chocked at the business end of the season etc.

The 18 game sequence began when Pig and Cass joined.

Blessed are the noses.

Sis we actually play 442 earlier in the season? I remember 433 and 451

First 3 games were 442.

We never played 442 with proper forwards and I include Barney in that equation too.

So we are playing with proper forwards now, yet Cassidy has never scored and Pigott has scored 1 goal in eleven.

You cant say things are down to the formation in one post and then contradict yourself and say its down to the players, especially when the "proper forwards" arent scoring the goals.

It was never the formation that solved the problem on its own, by your own admission its the players as well.

We are playing 442 and over the last 5 games we have done the business, but the 10 games prior we only won 3 and were no where near 2 points a game, its the last 5 that have boosted us up, and playing 3 of the bottom 5 teams played a big part in that.

442 is certainly the formation we should be playing, but its never been as simple as you make out, if we had played it all season we wouldnt have been guaranteed promotion because by your own admission we didnt have "proper" forwards until January.

Add to that you were demanding the team was built around Payne which meant we couldnt play 442 anyway and you were advocating 352/weird diamond formations to play him.

It was never as simple as just play 442, although its certainly suiting us right now.

When you say "2 proper forwards", does that include Cassidy as being a "proper forward"?

When you say "2 proper forwards", does that include Cassidy as being a "proper forward"?

I actually like how he plays the game BUT he cannot put the ball into the net !,Yeah he comes under that banner Imo.

If he favours the 442 stats then yes..... If not then as mrsblue said, he should be selling programmes in the car park

I actually like how he plays the game BUT he cannot put the ball into the net !,Yeah he comes under that banner Imo.

So then why not include Weston or Barnard, both have scored more while playing up front.

First 3 games were 442.

So we are playing with proper forwards now, yet Cassidy has never scored and Pigott has scored 1 goal in eleven.

You cant say things are down to the formation in one post and then contradict yourself and say its down to the players, especially when the "proper forwards" arent scoring the goals.

It was never the formation that solved the problem on its own, by your own admission its the players as well.

We are playing 442 and over the last 5 games we have done the business, but the 10 games prior we only won 3 and were no where near 2 points a game, its the last 5 that have boosted us up, and playing 3 of the bottom 5 teams played a big part in that.

442 is certainly the formation we should be playing, but its never been as simple as you make out, if we had played it all season we wouldnt have been guaranteed promotion because by your own admission we didnt have "proper" forwards until January.

Add to that you were demanding the team was built around Payne which meant we couldnt play 442 anyway and you were advocating 352/weird diamond formations to play him.

It was never as simple as just play 442, although its certainly suiting us right now.

Pig and Cass joined 18 games ago,since their arrival we have played 18 games,those 18 games Phil has used Corr/Pig/Cass as the forward pairing,Corr has been banging them in and yes Pig has run dry but his early goals helped.

Those 18 games produced the results which I have used,it cannot be easier.

Pig and Cass joined 18 games ago,since their arrival we have played 18 games,those 18 games Phil has used Corr/Pig/Cass as the forward pairing,Corr has been banging them in and yes Pig has run dry but his early goals helped.

Those 18 games produced the results which I have used,it cannot be easier.

So it isn't purely down to 4-4-2 and is down to having Pigott and Cassidy joining.

So it isn't purely down to 4-4-2 and is down to having Pigott and Cassidy joining.

Indeed, having Pigott come in and do well to start with helped kick start things and he played a big part when he joined.

We then went on a pretty poor run when were were getting well below 2 points a game and were losing ground. We only won once in March, why wasn't this thread created then I wonder?

Things turned around because we won these last 5 games, but without wanting to take credit away from a superb achievement three of them were against the bottom 4 teams and we needed an injury time goal Saturday to get the 5th.

We also played 442 when we lost to Accrington, a 10 man Burton, drew at home to Cambridge 0-0 and Wimbledon away 0-0.

That said and done, it is the best setup for us and all that matters is that we are getting the points we need now.

Last edited:
Heres an interesting point.

We played Mansfield/Hartlepool/Tranmere in a row this month getting 5 wins, and we the last time we played Mansfield, Hartlepool and Tranmere was in a row in November, a time when we had another good run and won 4 games in a row, and we scored 7 goals in those 4 games playing 451, compared to 7 goals in 5 games playing 442.

So we played the same bunch of teams in the same short time span and got the same kind of return using two completely different systems, yet scored more.

I do think we are stronger now though so hopefully we can continue this form.

Last edited:
Back