• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FOUR Game Season Starts NOW

How's it going to go?

• Survival with games to spare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Survival but it'll be a close run thing

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Relegation but it was a close run thing

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • Relegation with barely a whimper

Votes: 95 80.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kightly was a big signing and everyone was hugely up for it at the time. He hasn’t worked out which is understatement of the year but no one could of seen this happening - except Yorkshire Blue of course who always saw Phil Brown as the devil he truly is and obviously Brown signed him to ruin us all.
I think it’s slightly more complex than Powell means good and Brown means bad.
For what it’s worth, I didn’t think we would’ve gone down the season we outed Brown and I definitely don’t think our home record would have been as appalling as it is now if he were still in charge.

We could be relegated next Monday..

Burton are currently playing quite well, & winning games. This will be a harder home game for us then the Shrewsbury & Wycombe ones.
So on that basis & the law of averages, which is long overdue for us at home, I expect us to win!.

We will not win another game this season.

I rate Brown as the one who got us in this mess in the first place with his short-termism - Powell kept us up last year but was unable to repeat the trick two years running - but the signing of Kightly has Ron's finger prints all over it.

I know your never 6 posts away from a PB moan but as we have just lost our 13th league game at home how can finishing 7th be described as a mess. How comes CP manged to get play-off form from his inherited squad, yet failed with his own.

If the likes of Anton had played in just half those 13 games we wouldn't be were we are now. Remember how well Thompson and Turner played with AF in their ear. Plus he did a good job making sure Coker concentrated much better.

After finishing 7th the like of Thompson and Atkinson were't good enough for fans....If we were going to get into the Championship then upgrades had to happen and Ron bought into it

As for Kightly he wasn't a bad signing at the time. Everyones wise now but no one complained in the first few matches. He ended up injuring himself so had a sequence of about 7 games out and just as he looked match fit another 7 out. This season he has lost interest just like everyone else at the club.

If it was just about being 25, then how come the Beast and McCormack have turned up and given us a lesson on how to play the game.

Last edited:
Back