• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Four More Depart

Seaden will get some inevitable stick, sadly. Not the best young keeper we’ve had come along the impressive conveyor belt but he also came into a side during its worst spell in its history that was shipping goals for fun regardless of who was in the sticks. It was hardly an ideal learning scenario for any young player, let alone a keeper.

This season, Colin probably has overtaken him and thankfully for Colin we’ve got our act together. I think it’s correct for all involved that Harry Seaden gets a fresh start.

Collins a really dedicated hard working lad in training. Not saying seadon wasnt, but Colin appears really driven. He's really hard on himself if he mishandles. Think will be a good keeper although not the tallest

Last edited:
Surprised Seadon has gone via mutual consent. Guess the Swansea trial didn't work out and he wanted first team football.

Also surprised Stewart has gone, he didn't get much game time at Welling while on loan in the division below, but I thought some said he was highly regarded.

Howard was meant to be pushing for first team football and a little surprised he has dropped a few divisions after being on loan at NL level last season. Expect he will go at the end of the season along with the majority of the loanees (Egbri, Kinali, Mitchell-Nelson).

Rush going on loan at Chelmsford is great news. He joins ANG and Tommy Davis in the NL South. Hopefully he gets lots of minutes and shows his talent.

Any news on Gard? Also wonder what is happening with Phillips and Walsh, two more who have contracts up at the end of the season.

It's a shame, but it's best for them and certainly best for us. The quality of the squad is vital to getting promotion this(Long shot) or next season(Not a long shot). We've seen the massive difference the 7 new players have made. More room will be made for more coming in, in the summer. This is the way to go.

If I'm honest not really seen anything in those players which made me think there got something about them and will go on and have decent careers in the game. Wouldn't surprise me if rush and Howard are let go in the summer. Can also see the likes of phillips and gard following those out the door to.

Good thing for all concerned IMO, in all four cases, although disappointing for those lads I’m sure that it has come to this. Unfortunately none of them really appeared to show what it takes to be a part of the first team picture at this point in time. Probably not in the longer term too, given our squad size and budget constraints. Regular U23 football for Swansea is probably a good opportunity for Seaden (if that’s what the plan is) as it will be a higher level than our stiffs.

The other lads haven’t really shown that they are ready to be part of the first team picture soon in a meaningful sense; certainly not better than what we could sign from the open market.

Good luck to them all.

If we were higher up the football pyramid then these sort of actions would be "par for the course" - that is, letting players go & getting players out on loan to prove their ability & keep their match fitness.

Some of the players let go might come back to bite our bum but that is the way for all clubs, yes?

Better to have a management team that makes decisions rather than one that ponders for too long. It's like having David Webb back .............

Good to see them getting the squad size down. Has been 30+ for a couple of years. We still have 25 so can trim further.

Any footballer wants to play, so in many ways the decisions will help. Any youngster needs to play to improve. First team opportunities were just not going to happen. I hope they do well wherever they end up with their careers.

Rush & Howard going out on loan can only be a good thing. They can now bust their balls to impress and show they’re hungry enough for next seasons title tilt. If not they’ll be let go. Either way, nothing gained from them warming our bench or playing for the U23s. We’re covered in both their positions.

Seaden.. a fresh start may be just what he needs. Good luck to the lad.

4 more players have left today, Seaden and O’Shane Stewart by mutual consent

Meanwhile Rob Howard has joined Egbri on loan at Farnbrough for the rest of the season whilst Matt Rush has joined Chelmsford on loan till the end of the season
I would not be surprised if O'Shane Stewart ends up at Aldershot with MM.

I’m guessing Stewart wasn’t as highly rated as we’ve heard?
Stewart from what I saw of him in U23s looked technically very good on the ball but didn't put himself about anywhere near as much as you might expect for a player of his build. He may well make a career of football but I think he needs to rethink his game a bit.

Stewart from what I saw of him in U23s looked technically very good on the ball but didn't put himself about anywhere near as much as you might expect for a player of his build. He may well make a career of football but I think he needs to rethink his game a bit.
So a younger Ferguson?

Back