• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Four More Depart

In the same way that the two Sheffield lads are honing their skills with us rather than U23 then we need to find out if our youngsters are going to make the grade in the same way

Good luck to them all.

Personally im glad we are signing proper first team players and not fannying about anymore.

For years weve been saying "this lot are **** and dont care so lets play the youth" despite several managers obviously realising that they arent good enough ( perhaps yet).

I see a revision of our entire youth and academy setup as a part of the clubs recent rennaisance and entrust the current staff to make the right decisions.

I’m very pleased with the decisions being made. I don’t feel any of the players we are letting go are ever going to be starters and if they are I feel it shows lack of ambition. This isn’t me being horrible but they simply are not good enough to get us where we want to be and I’d rather let them go and get a top player in than keep them for a sentimental way.

It's about balancing the mix isn't it?

Some players coming up from the youth system, the odd loan player, some new signings to improve areas & keeping those players who are right for us.

Think this is a sign of what's to come, They are obviously identifying players for next season already and cutting the squad is a must. Some of these players are not good enough. Let's trust the process and watch John Still bring in the talent required

Collins a really dedicated hard working lad in training. Not saying seadon wasnt, but Colin appears really driven. He's really hard on himself if he mishandles. Think will be a good keeper although not the tallest
Very good handling from what I see at Dartford….Seaden was in the same warm up and they were chalk and cheese.
Colin was Flavs
Seaden was Prudhoe

Well you say that, but the general consensus on here over recent years has been what a good job Ricky Duncan has been doing. Need to be careful we don't re-write history.
As I have noted before RD was outstanding at playing the 'Academy Futures Game' and we sold many players for a tidy sum when he was in charge. This money helped to keep us afloat during some perilous times.
Under him the Academy was not so good at producing players who went on to contribute for our first team.
What was clear after the first month of this season that many of the Academy (some of whom were touted by RD) were not even good enough for the National League, let alone the FL.

Collins a really dedicated hard working lad in training. Not saying seadon wasnt, but Colin appears really driven. He's really hard on himself if he mishandles. Think will be a good keeper although not the tallest
Daryl Flahaven wasn’t the tallest, but what run we had with him between the sticks ??????????

what is the real story about Duncan ?

Supposedly the big hero of SUFC for years and years and then the boot.

There must be something behind it all

Back