• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Franchise Teams

the west indian franchise of 'marvels marvels' is now up and running...........

'reggae reggae marvels' :thumbsup:

An Idiot Abroad (8688)shortcut
General Manager: Museshrimper Add as favourite sledging poster (2503)
Region: Barbados
First Class League: #5 in VI.28
One Day League: #7 in IV.15
BT20: #2 in VI.870
Team Ranking: #395 in West Indies
#12636 in the World

I'm not hiring, signing or training anybody until the new season.

Hmm, West Indies full.

Wait until the off-season or go somewhere else?
Doubt you'd lose too much by waiting and you'd also then get a comfy first season against bots and a promotion bonus at the end of it. Plus your 17yos will be 17 for a season rather than ageing shortly.

Our new boys have their 1st wicket :winking:

BATTIER SHRIMPERS v milk

Click anywhere to close
milk won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: hard & fast

End of Over 15: 97-1, runrate=6.47
Etienne 2-0-9-0
Joseph* 31 (36 balls)
Reeks 1 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Seargant Run Out 65 (FOW: 95/1)

Got 13 new members today, and picked up 47k in Gate Receipts....

I'm very pleased other people will though :smile:

Having a nightmare with my team. Bought 2 trainees, put them in the nets, but failed to click on Ok to set them, so nobody got trained this week. Also lost twice to B's mob over the week-end, and got absolutely mullered by another franchise today.

Oh, and I used my ITS last week as well instead of saving them for next season.

So, all in all, not the best of starts....

Mind you, I've already won my FC, and should win my BT20 unless I lose to the only other non-bot. So that's another 13% of members, plus between 480k and 500k in Prize Money depending on where I finish in OD :smiles:

Wrapped up my BT20 league last night. So that's 280k in Prize Money guaranteed (240k for FC and 40k for BT20), plus 13% extra members. :thumbsup:

My franchise managed to finish bottom and winless in a BT20 league with 6 bots in :smile:

Anybody managing to pick up Comps at a decent price? I'm not paying over 70k, and everything seems to be going for more than that. Might wait until the week 2 and 3 ones come out, they should be a bit cheaper...

Im not buying for a while, gonna save up to £1.6mil and then play from there. Am playing a friendly vs my main team as many times as possible, and picking up between £5-£10k a day, which is handy!

As in PNG, and started off at the bottom of my OD league, didnt pick up too much prize money, but am already £500k+ with 682 fans and a 8004 stadium, so wil hopefully be earning £50k a week in interest and sponsorship by the time the starters subsidy disapears!

I'm going to get well and truly tonked this season with my collection of 31 year olds with nothing higher than mediocre!

It's all about putting in the groundwork for future progression.

There is a SZ rivalry in the brewing as I'm in Toddy's division in both fc and the SZ cup.

A decent start to my inaugral season so far.

Still in the cup, I managed to beat Toddy's franchise in my opening fc game and follow it up with some bot bashing in my opening one-day game. Up against a more established team (they have 14 players with a salary over £1k, I have none) in my 2nd FC fixture, I seem to have been underestimated and am holding my own against a weakened side. At tea on the second day, I'm 43 runs ahead with 9 wickets remaining and look set to take it into a third day.

I've even had my first player pop to competent.

Back