• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Franchise Teams

We've crashed through the 2m mark finance-wise, with another 2 days of FC and an OD game to add to that. We're still making a profit even without any gate money.

Members are up to 1077, so should break 1100 by this time next week.

Managed to pick up a Quality / Remarkable bowler for 9k last week. Only Feeble Stamina, but he'll do for a season.

All trainees have hit Respectable Primary (3 bowlers, 3 bats (one of which also has Med WK)), so looking good on that front. AR trainee is Comp Feeble Bowling, Resp Abysmal batting. Might let him hit Resp Bowling and then sell and replace

I've finally got one. Petts Win Prizes, based in the sunny Windward Islands. bit of a jolt to go back to the days of my best bowler being a double comp..

I've finally got one. Petts Win Prizes, based in the sunny Windward Islands. bit of a jolt to go back to the days of my best bowler being a double comp..
Late SZFL entry? I can stick you in the bottom division.

hoping to replace my last 3 players that have medicore primarys this week, should be some cheap 24/25 y/olds while everyone is concentrating on picking up the fresh yout

Don't forget to keep your PR Officers up to date, should need 5 now.

1 PR: 487 members
2 PR: 603 members
3 PR: 750 members
4 PR: 943 members
5 PR: 1205 members
6 PR: 1584 members
7 PR: 2179 members
8 PR: 3250 members
9 PR: 5750 members
10 PR: 18251 members

starting to think now that choosing a league without FC is starting to affect my ability to compete in the transfer market a bit... £15k a week really isnt much of a substitute! need OD promotion to get that whopping £22,500 a week instead!

hoping to replace my last 3 players that have medicore primarys this week, should be some cheap 24/25 y/olds while everyone is concentrating on picking up the fresh yout

Interested to see what others are doing here. Having already promoted I've added a few but I'll get crucified if I promote in any of my leagues. Apart from BT I will finish 2nd in FC and 3rd in OD. 2 mill in the bank and will be making a healthy weekly profit. My plan is to accumulate and spend 3-4 seasons building up through training. If i happen to promote along the way I'll take it and review then whether spending nest egg would allow me to stay up.

I promoted in FC but other than a bot to open I'm going to get binned in the other games so will go straight back down again. OD I didn't promote so should have a comfy season and even after promotion in BT20 I have loads of bots so that's ok as well.

Means that spending wages on oldies is probably a waste, I have an exceptional that only cost me £25k but he should make a difference to help me win my OD league and even if it's a nightmare next season I know I'll be back down in FC again to compensate.

Squad wise, the weakest player in my strongest first XI is now respectable and bowlers are all strong and above. Fielding that strongest XI is tough with PFL levels from training though!

Oh, my franchise is miles richer than my 1sts.

Finished a respectable 3rd in both OD and FC, and won my BT20 league, so a nice 6% membership hike to come. That will take us over the 1,600 member mark (Currently 1,526). Selling off most of the oldies this week, to try and cash in on it being p/o week

No promotions for me. Won OD at a canter but ended with a play off which is unwinnable. Nearly sold out the 30,000 stadium last week so with FC relegation to come I may as well increase again as I suspect we'll win pretty much every game next season without having to burden the wagebill which is £31k as things stand.

Interested to see what the franchises do to the BT economy, a lot of teams hoarding a lot of cash. Could start to see prices for mid level players (remarkable/wonderful) start to rise again as teams look to make the next step.

Also likely to see the return of the monster NT players as inactive franchises become farms.

Finished top in OD and BT20, so a double promotion should incrase my membership of 1,597 quite nicely. Looking at the tier III OD leagues in PNG, i should hopefully end up in a div with no less than 5 BOT's so can look forward to a top 3 finish, thus keeping attendances and members fair. With respect to BT20, could be a struggle, but i held my own against a team that on paper looked stronger this season to get promoted, so mid-table in V would be good.

Currently have £2.3m in the bank, with a lineup of..

1. Benjamin Olton - 19 yo, BT Rating=15,254, Wage=£1,851
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: abysmal

2. Romley Siaka - 19 yo, BT Rating=32,961, Wage=£1,826
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: superb
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: proficient

3. Tafazzul Asnodkar - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,697, Wage=£943
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

4. Carl Homan - 18 yo, BT Rating=7,736, Wage=£825
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: woeful Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

5. Austin Garraway - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,841, Wage=£1,037
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

6. Ikramullah Mangal - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,448, Wage=£697
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: competent Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

7. Alan Alu - 19 yo, BT Rating=36,932, Wage=£2,987
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: quality Consistency: quality
Fielding: competent

8. Viswanath Anirudh - 25 yo, BT Rating=11,533, Wage=£927
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: competent

9. Rich Davis - 23 yo, BT Rating=16,747, Wage=£3,556
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: strong Consistency: strong
Fielding: worthless

10. Richard Topai - 19 yo, BT Rating=10,533, Wage=£1,341
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

11. Sirisena Punchibanda - 21 yo, BT Rating=7,244, Wage=£958
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent

Any idea's what my next step should be? I would guess to upgrade Asnodkar and Garroway?

4.5 mill in the bank. May well promote next season in FC. Will finish second in OD. Just buying trainees or using YPs while building up the warchest. Franchise is a slow burner. Making money just by doing nothing even with an expanded ground which I'll expand again early next season.

Good upgrade i think...

Out...
11. Sirisena Punchibanda - 21 yo, BT Rating=7,244, Wage=£958
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent

In...
7. Asif Beenham - 25 yo, BT Rating=16,257, Wage=£3,488
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable
Fielding: feeble

Gives away a couple of years, but at least i can wave a bat down to 7.

Still need to replace Asnodker & Garroway and maybe Homan, or could train Homan, will largely depend on week 1 YP i guess.

Is it working for you then? I haven't been able to get in, though mine is talking about network errors, hope it hasn't been blocked!

Decided to bolster my franchise by signing a wonderful 20yo batsman with superb* stamina for £1.87m. Pretty pleased with that (albeit he only has respectable concentration but that will soon rise with a fielding net).

Back