• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Francis bashers, get a life.....

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Sankofa is just about fit for the Blue Square South. How wrong you all were to say that he was better than Francis, get over it as our current right back is the only one in the team that can bomb forward, whip in excellent balls and take decent free kicks. Mr.Negative is not coming back so stop giving Francis your 4 outta 10's when he is clearly as good as anything else in this average team, Dervite aside!

Got to agree with Wiggy I'm afraid. Francis may have been 'poor' yesterday, but he was just as bad as anybody else on that pitch.

Francis is suffering from lack of confidence atm, but when is in form, boy is he a class player!

Francis was cack yesterday and he has been for a while. Nothing against the lad and always thought he had bags of potential but he seems to have lost it recently. Numerous passes yesterday went completely AWOL - his free kicks are pretty dire too. Would like to see him get his form back like we began to see halfway through our championship season.

My point exactly, so what's all the 2 and 4 outta 10's for from the bitter and twisted idiots?

Because yours is just an opinion. Just as others have theirs. You consider yours to be the absolute truth and anyone else's pure bunkum. That's the trouble with you Wiggy, you never start your posts/opinions with 'In my opinion'. You consider yourself to be always right and anyone else with a differing opinion is, as you so eloquently put it, a twisted idiot.

Ever wondered why so many people don't take your posts to seriously? Have a think about it.

Because yours is just an opinion. Just as others have theirs. You consider yours to be the absolute truth and anyone else's pure bunkum. That's the trouble with you Wiggy, you never start your posts/opinions with 'In my opinion'. You consider yourself to be always right and anyone else with a differing opinion is, as you so eloquently put it, a twisted idiot.

Ever wondered why so many people don't take your posts to seriously? Have a think about it.

....so you think he deserved less than Barney do you?

I think you would have done well to answer the points in the post rather than answer a question with a question.

As it happens I think as far as Francis is concerned you are pretty much spot on, free kicks apart that is.

I really can't comment Wiggs, sorry. Work commitments have kept me away from Roots Hall this season which is why I specifically didn't comment on Francis or any other player so I'll take yours and others word for how he played.

My point was that it's your opinion and just that. It doesn't make you right, it doesn't make you wrong. What it does do, with your mildly abusive comments towards anyone that doesn't agree with you, is make your opinion and arguments much less valid because you immediately alienate people. Try reasoned debate and be prepared to compromise. Difficult I know but give it a go.

I also thought that Francis was awful yesterday. His "excellent" balls that don't ever beat the first man coupled with dodgy backpasses and an inability to concentrate for more than a few seconds make him a liability in my opinion.

Whoever plays right back for Southend seems to get all the stick so I feel for him... don't hound a good player out of the club!!! It was Lewis Hunt last year then he was off - now its Franno - if he goes I hope you will be happy with yourselves because we will be left with Sankofa who unfortunately is not good enough.

I like Francis and when other people slate him I usually stick up for him, I'm not bashing him by saying he didn't play well yesterday because he didn't. I prefer him over Sankofa but just because I gave him a 4 for his performance yesterday doesn't mean that he is rubbish. Everybody has bad games and Frannos was yesterday.

Whoever plays right back for Southend seems to get all the stick so I feel for him... don't hound a good player out of the club!!! It was Lewis Hunt last year then he was off - now its Franno - if he goes I hope you will be happy with yourselves because we will be left with Sankofa who unfortunately is not good enough.

Juppy before that came in for his fair share too!

I like Francis and when other people slate him I usually stick up for him, I'm not bashing him by saying he didn't play well yesterday because he didn't. I prefer him over Sankofa but just because I gave him a 4 for his performance yesterday doesn't mean that he is rubbish. Everybody has bad games and Frannos was yesterday.

Francis has had too many this season though, I'm a fan of his aswell but he is either really good or awful there is very rarely any middle ground with him.

I'm not sure what the answer is, I thought after being out the side he would be better once he got back in (like last season) but it doesn't seem like it.

Back