• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Francis Laurent

12 months from now and I bet some decent clubs in league 1 and the cahmpionship will be sniffing around because i'm sure he'll be a huge hit in that league.

Personally dont see what all the fuss is about. Scored f'all created f'all and did f'all

Compare stats with ryan hall and there is no competition.

Had the potential to be a cracking player for us. Did well in the reserves, scored a cracking header and then destroyed Leeds on his full debut. Shame he could never reproduce that sort of performance more often.

Bit harsh comparing him to Hall as they are different players IMO.

Had the potential to be a cracking player for us. Did well in the reserves, scored a cracking header and then destroyed Leeds on his full debut. Shame he could never reproduce that sort of performance more often.

Bit harsh comparing him to Hall as they are different players IMO.

Did he not turn Ashley Cole and leave him for dead at Stamford Bridge?

A frustrating player. Clearly has bags of ability, but little consistency. I personally thought he looked better up front than on the right.

A frustrating player. Clearly has bags of ability, but little consistency. I personally thought he looked better up front than on the right.

Save for the Leeds home game when he was fantastic I thought he looked better down the right.

Leeds at home like many have said he was absolutely terrific, put Beckford to shame that night and looked like him and Revell might be a great partnership, sadly he never played that well again.

He could also trip over his own legs if his mind is where it usually is!

I don't think his mind & legs are connected in any way, people often said even his own team-mates didn't know what he was going to do next, I'm convinced he didn't know what his legs were going to do next.

Looks like Nicky Nicolau will be joining him at Lincoln too according to my source ... (and maybe even Christophe!)

It appears Francis Laurent has teamed up with JFC for their 95th shared club after joining Belgium 2nd division side KVK Tienen. Quite disappointed to be honest, was a big fan of laurent when he was with us, ok he may not have been particularly consistent with us but he was awesome to watch at times. Thought he might go somewhere with his career but a series of injuries have seemingly ended that chance at least in England anyway!

How the mighty have fallen, sad for them both to think that SUFC will be the best club the ever play for. :facepalm:

How the mighty have fallen, sad for them both to think that SUFC will be the best club the ever play for. :facepalm:

JFC played for Portsmouth and actually started out at Lens (though didnt play competitively for them I dont think) - so doubt we are his biggest club.

Franny on the other hand...

It appears Francis Laurent has teamed up with JFC for their 95th shared club after joining Belgium 2nd division side KVK Tienen. Quite disappointed to be honest, was a big fan of laurent when he was with us, ok he may not have been particularly consistent with us but he was awesome to watch at times. Thought he might go somewhere with his career but a series of injuries have seemingly ended that chance at least in England anyway!
Yes Laurent had some promise for sure, his parents were nice people too, sat in the stands with the fans a few times at away games.

Picture popped up on his Instagram of him standing shaking hands with new Marseille signing Kevin Strootman. I did some digging and turns out he is now a Football agent for SEG.

Picture popped up on his Instagram of him standing shaking hands with new Marseille signing Kevin Strootman. I did some digging and turns out he is now a Football agent for SEG.

Yes, he has been for a few years now, I still hear from him from time to time, and did persuade him to join SUEPA.

Back