• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Francis Laurent

Yeah I'd take him back anyday! Ovbiously hasn't fitted in with Northampton team, but he really does have some pace and skill which can add to our team. We need another good winger too other than Hall. Would be good to see Laurent and Hall on the wing, and Grant and Easton central mid.

No. His good days were far too infrequent in a team that got relegated from league one, since then he's managed a handful of appearances in a league 2 team that were relegation threatened for a long time. Stop looking backwards people.

Would only take him back if he brought his lover JFC with him....NOT!

A tricky one as most of the time he was shocking but he had that 'something' within him. We need more strength in depth (Bigger squad) this season so as an impact bench player, I would offer him a deal till Xmas with an option to extend it. Would'nt go out of my way to re-sign him though

Would only take him back if he brought his lover JFC with him....NOT!
Little harsh being as both had girlfriends and Jeff got engaged to his while he was with us. Franny brought his girlfriend with him to watch the Wycombe away game last season.

A tricky one as most of the time he was shocking but he had that 'something' within him. We need more strength in depth (Bigger squad) this season so as an impact bench player, I would offer him a deal till Xmas with an option to extend it. Would'nt go out of my way to re-sign him though
As to the rest, I think he'd integrate quite well into the squad as it is now, I think with Jeff here they did isolate themselves a little and he'd probably fit in better now. I also think he'd work well with Hall on the opposite wing and with a fully functioning Clohessy behind him, who would probably play him in more than Simon Francis used to.

No. His good days were far too infrequent in a team that got relegated from league one, since then he's managed a handful of appearances in a league 2 team that were relegation threatened for a long time. Stop looking backwards people.

His good games came when he was played up top alongside a targetman i.e. Revs. Remember the Leeds game?

With Corr playing the targetman role, I reckon Laurent could fit perfectly up front. I highly doubt it'll happen, but I reckon it'd be worth a punt. He'd get more goals than Sturrock jr.

His good games came when he was played up top alongside a targetman i.e. Revs. Remember the Leeds game?

With Corr playing the targetman role, I reckon Laurent could fit perfectly up front. I highly doubt it'll happen, but I reckon it'd be worth a punt. He'd get more goals than Sturrock jr.

Well spotted. Laurent's pace and trickery alongside Corr would work well, someone to run onto Corr's attacking headers.

Bonkers. The lot of you.

It's all besides the point, Laurent was here when wages were going unpaid, do you really think he'd come back?

Reckon that is about his level to be honest, not consistent enough to cut it at our level and above. The odd flash in the pan piece of skill is not good enough in the modern pro game.

12 months from now and I bet some decent clubs in league 1 and the cahmpionship will be sniffing around because i'm sure he'll be a huge hit in that league.

because i'm sure he'll be a huge hit in that league.

I'm sure he'll get some 'huge hits' from the rugged, neanderthal defenders masquerading in that division as well. If one of these guys clatters him hard a couple of times in the first 10 mins, then i doubt he will want to 'mix it' and become anonymous.

Back