• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
According to the Echo.

Thoughts?

Slightly disappointed, alright as a squad option but doubt he'll be forcing Fortune or Cox out of the team.

Don't forget our star striker mooney is also back soon:omg: where will he fit in also:unsure:

Dissapointed with cash in the bank i hoped PB would be setting his stall out for better players than this. Probably means we wont be signing Smith or Woodrow as well

Good as a squad option like Hines, hope this doesn't mean that we won't sign Smith now.

If the price is right, then I think he is worth a punt. I think he will need to hit the ground running if we are to see the best of him. Maybe the winner v Bolton...

Quite pleased with this, many thought Fortune was a waste of space, A good addition to the squad, strong, fairly quick ,adds another striker and competition to the pack, looking forward to seeing how he goes and develops, lets give him time and most of all, the usua strongl support. Can we have Smith as well too , well done Phil and crew

Good as a squad option like Hines, hope this doesn't mean that we won't sign Smith now.

Must say I always thought he wasn't a striker but a winger.Thats ertainly where he played in a televised match for the Albion at Bristol City.He was totally useless and got hooked soon after ht !

Without Ranger we could have really struggled with bench options (did we have any strikers on there for the Rochdale game?). Will see how he does for us before judging.

Obviously we need to give the guy a chance but his goalscoring record is pretty awful unless he has been playing in wide positions.

Frank has signed a 25 year contract...Phil isn't sure when Frank makes his debut though.

Fairly underwhelmed to be honest....but give the guy a decent chance.

Hmm. Not overwhelmed to be honest, but then I'm often not with our signings down the years and I've been wrong more often than not :smile:

It depends what basis he signs - non-contract terms or a month to month deal would be fine, to give him a chance and allow him to play. That would give us options up front while we pursue Smith (which might go to the wire in this window and could easily not happen at all)...

Not sure what to make of this signing. I'm not a big fan of strikers who don't score goals, but like many I got MAF totally wrong, so we'll wait and see.

Not sure what to make of this signing. I'm not a big fan of strikers who don't score goals, but like many I got MAF totally wrong, so we'll wait and see.

The trouble is that he wasn't scoring for Gillingham, and if he was good in other aspects of the game like Fortune, would they have let him go? Still, we shall see. The management team have seen something in him.

Corr didn't score many goals prior to his time at Southend [90 games, 13 goals]... Hopefully Nouble can find his form at the club too.

Hmm. Not overwhelmed to be honest, but then I'm often not with our signings down the years and I've been wrong more often than not :smile:

It depends what basis he signs - non-contract terms or a month to month deal would be fine, to give him a chance and allow him to play. That would give us options up front while we pursue Smith (which might go to the wire in this window and could easily not happen at all)...
Echo say it's a deal until the end of the season.

Sometimes players just click with certain clubs. Let's hope we are the right fit for him.

Back