• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frank Nouble

I'd rather have Nouble than Akinde.
The sight of big John trotting around stealing a living won't go down well with the U's supporters. I give it 3 games before the groans start!
Not based on the Nouble appearances this season, he’s worked hard enough but entirely ineffective in all departments, not quick enough to play on break, not creative enough to link up with other players or clinical enough 1on1. brilliant bloke and wish him well, might be better alongside quicker partner in a 2 but personally I think he will slip into non-league now

Chairman stuck his hand in his pocket..... funny thing is a few weeks back the same Chairman was getting heavily criticized, which resulted in some fans asking him to sell the club. He gone from villain to hero in no time! Personally I think the stick he was getting was harsh considering he put loads of his own money into the club and invested into the infrastructure of the club. Was you 1 of the Cowling out brigade?

I can’t say I like him much but I can’t see him leaving any time soon!

Oh no...missed a bit of a sitter in a game vs Charlton yesterday. Starts from 10 seconds in.

Some of that defending! Colchester should be far from proud !

Shocking wasn’t it! I think we are in for a season of struggle again although I don’t think we will get relegated. Mind you it was only a friendly and our side was weaker in the 2nd half. I don’t think there will be many at our friendly game, looks like we have sold about 300 home tickets so far.

Shocking wasn’t it! I think we are in for a season of struggle again although I don’t think we will get relegated. Mind you it was only a friendly and our side was weaker in the 2nd half. I don’t think there will be many at our friendly game, looks like we have sold about 300 home tickets so far.

That many? I did not think Col Ewe had that many followers in your flock. :Smile:

👍 Good to hear

Big game for your lot then!

I see you haven't signed many players..... I read somewhere your keeper linked with livingston. would imagine your owner is looking to sell first before releasing some funds to the management team to make few signings.

Last edited:
I see you haven't signed many players..... I read somewhere your keeper linked with livingston. would imagine your owner is looking to sell first before releasing some funds to the management team to make few signings.

We have a lot of players already so the fans were warned there is not a lot of players coming in, I don't think Shamal George will go to Livingston, there will be bigger clubs than them loking at him. Cowling says the money is there for new players but we are being very careful on who we get in, I think loans may be used and we do have one or two trialists playing in the friendlies.

For the Southend game?

We have a lot of players already so the fans were warned there is not a lot of players coming in, I don't think Shamal George will go to Livingston, there will be bigger clubs than them loking at him. Cowling says the money is there for new players but we are being very careful on who we get in, I think loans may be used and we do have one or two trialists playing in the friendlies.
Seeing your empty seats Vs Charlton, I am sure we can pay on the day (for 19th July)

Seeing your empty seats Vs Charlton, I am sure we can pay on the day (for 19th July)

Yes for the Charlton game the seats you saw with fans in were the few Charlton fans who attended, the home fans were in the West stand (Mainly hidden from the camera view) but they only opened about 4 sections of that and it was very empty. We are home to Millwall on Friday evening I doubt there will be many there for that either. For the game against Southend, the entire south and west stands are open for home fans, plus you currently have 3 sections of the east stand. Without a doubt you should be able to pay on the day if you wish unless of course the club puts some sort of restriction on walk up sales which seems unlikely.

Back