• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy appeal dismissed

leighshrimper

According to the FA website Freddy's appeal has been dismissed he is therefore banned for 3 games for violent conduct. However, an extra game has been added for a "frivolous" appeal, so that's backfired a touch.

Brilliant. I would love to know what is really behind this appeal. On the surface it is madness.

As I often have bad thoughts, does anyone think that he may not be around to see the ban through? Surely as the window shuts there is to be some activity and if Norwich get £5m form Wigan, how much to get Freddy?

Tilson out!
mad.gif

Whelan back in!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Aug. 23 2005,14:20)]Brilliant.  I would love to know what is really behind this appeal.  On the surface it is madness.
I reckon Sky TV threatened to cancel televising the match if Freddy didn't feature.

I didn't know they could extend the ban like that, if the club knew that could happen then it was a very bad move to appeal in the first place - let's face it, they were never going to get it overturned.

Oh well, maybe this will give us just the push we need to get in another striker (and maybe even cover elsewhere)....this has shown we desperately need more players in our squad.

As I have posted elsewhere, the appeal was pointless IMHO and now it's backfired spectacularly with the additional 4th match.

Answers please SUFC!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 23 2005,14:23)]As I often have bad thoughts, does anyone think that he may not be around to see the ban through? Surely as the window shuts there is to be some activity and if Norwich get £5m form Wigan, how much to get Freddy?
£5M for who?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Aug. 23 2005,14:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 23 2005,14:23)]As I often have bad thoughts, does anyone think that he may not be around to see the ban through? Surely as the window shuts there is to be some activity and if Norwich get £5m form Wigan, how much to get Freddy?
£5M for who?
Dean Ashton presumably.
Although they keep saying he's going nowhere.

Stupid move by the club. We were never going to beat Southampton with or without Freddy.

The two Premier$hite players get their red cards upheld, whilst Howard who got sent off for Luton and Freddy have had their appeals rejected. Why has Freddy has got an extra one-match suspension, for a push (violent huh?), whilst Howard hasn't, and he was sent off for spitting (arguably a worse offence)? I think that the FA are trying to keep the Premier$hite clubs sweet, and not giving a f%&k about those in the lower leagues!

Yes I meant Ashton, apologies.
Appeal to Mr. Scriven, can the club keep us informed on stuff like why Bart was not on the bench Saturday, where was Gower last night,what's happening with the triallists?

I haven't seen the Welsh incident (of the Sunderland variety!), but wasn't that for a shove too? And if so, how was that rescinded and Freddy's wasn't?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 23 2005,14:35)]The two Premier$hite players get their red cards upheld, whilst Howard who got sent off for Luton and Freddy have had their appeals rejected. Why has Freddy has got an extra one-match suspension, for a push (violent huh?), whilst Howard hasn't, and he was sent off for spitting (arguably a worse offence)? I think that the FA are trying to keep the Premier$hite clubs sweet, and not giving a f%&k about those in the lower leagues!
I was wondering what exactly consititutes a 'frivolous' appeal? It stinks anyway!

Yeah Eastwood was stupid, by the letter of the law he should have been sent-off but I still feel it was slightly harsh. However I cant understand why the club appealed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Squirrel and G man @ Aug. 23 2005,14:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Aug. 23 2005,14:20)]Brilliant.  I would love to know what is really behind this appeal.  On the surface it is madness.
I reckon Sky TV threatened to cancel televising the match if Freddy didn't feature.
Conspiracy theories everywhere - sorry but that is utter nonsense. The match was agreed as a televised game weeks ago, and Freddy could have been sold or injured since.

I cannot understand the reason for the appeal, and now he has had another game tacked on for good measure.

Am I wrong, but has anyone heard about having another game added to a suspension because of a frivolous appeal?

I know i am stating the bloody obvious but if had started the suspension last night, he would have two games to go now it is four - congratulations to the genius who worked that one out.

Interesting to see that Konchesky & Welsh had their cards downgraded to yellow - another one for the conspiracy theorists.

The decision to appeal in the first place was absolutely absurd seeing as Freddie had absolutely no chance of getting his appeal overturned, and it is common knowledge that if you appeal, you always run the risk of the punishment being extended.

Then Tilly compounds the stupidty by going on National television before the game last night and saying Freddie knows he did wrong and hopes he can learn a lesson by it.... What message does that send out? Of course the FA will dismiss it if they hear the manager saying that the night before the appeal.

Absolutely disgusting by the club, never seen such a badly executed decision by any club before this one... and to top it off, we didnt even play him last night!!

Think the club need to provide some answers here as to whats gone on. This is a very important part of the season whilst we try and find our feet, and now they have gone and made it ten times harder, what next? An appeal against the appeal and we lose him for the season?

Pathetic!

Back