• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Freddy: Blues have to pick Adam and Tilly for top job

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United legend Freddy Eastwood feels it is a ‘no brainer’ for Adam Barrett and Steve Tilson to be brought back to Roots Hall.

More...

I think this appointment will certainly boost the crowds up at least 20% And give everybody associated with the club a massive lift but is it the right one ? Could be if Ron wants a few quid in the bank quick.

I don't see why this won't happen unless Ron genuinely can't afford it. Football is such an emotional game and surely as fans, that's why we love it. I think Ron has some sort of understanding of this (albeit with a business hat on.) Think about how many promotions/relegations we've had in the last few years. Promotion is great when it happens. Relegation is s***. But we are pretty used to either/or happening. The opportunity to have two legends of this football club leading the team out, allowing us to connect to the team possibly the most since the original Tilson era? Well, that's something that as fans, we will remember for ever.

And I also don't get any of this "tarnishing your legendary status c***." I was delighted when SCP got the job and for the first few months, things felt amazing. Yes, it went downhill after that and he moved on but it in no way did he "tarnish his reputation". He was and still is an icon at this football club and just because it didn't work out with SCP, should never be a reason for not appointing another former player. Otherwise, what's the point? We may as well just continue appointing the merry go round of ex premier league/championship managers who have no connection to the club.

Like I said, sometimes we go up, sometimes we go down, sometimes we are boring mid table but I'd much rather experience any of these things with AB and Tilly than Alan Pardew, Kevin Bond or whatever the next left-field appointment may be.

Why not get an ex-player in to manage who isn't a legend so we don't have to worry about tarnishing reputations.

How about Richie Foran or Barry Conlon?

Could they honestly do any worse, we are rock bottom, zero points, shipping goals for fun. Just a 1-0 loss would be an improvement at the mo.

Just announce this ffs. All these articles tell me something must be happening

Apparently Adam and Steve were seen at Roots hall this morning ?

Can you elaborate on what apparently means? By whom etc? If credible source then it adds weight but we’ve heard from people in the know that the new man was arriving two weeks ago etc and that never came through.

Can you elaborate on what apparently means? By whom etc? If credible source then it adds weight but we’ve heard from people in the know that the new man was arriving two weeks ago etc and that never came through.

It was on Twitter.... Apparently seen by this chap's mate whose son plays for the club.

I do find it a little odd that Chris is doing all of these stories if there is no interest from the club.

Chris Phillips is doing all these stories because Newsquest tell him he's got to file X stories a day and Ron's keeping mum.

Could they honestly do any worse, we are rock bottom, zero points, shipping goals for fun. Just a 1-0 loss would be an improvement at the mo.
Yes, they could. Remember the 'anyone but Powell' posts at the end of SCP tenure. I am sure those people thought at the time that anybody that came in couldn't do any worse.

Not saying I think they would do worse, mind.

Back