• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club legend but ultimately not a huge surprise. Thanks for the memories Freddy.

Repeat what I said on the other thread - no surprise really, with Barnard already confirmed for next year.

Thanks to a club legend, and will now go and watch THAT free-kick on YouTube... :clap:

A gamble that didn't work out unfortunately (and unsurprisingly for some) but what an amazing player to have graced the turf at Southend United. A club legend for what he achieved in his first term but a largely forgettable second stint.

The right call Mr Brown I'd say and great to have this sorted so early so we can move on.

Good luck in whatever you do next Freddy. Get your coaching badges, come back and lead us to the Prem.

Always and forever a legend.

An absolute club legend, Thank you Ferddy.

Shame it didn't work out this time as we all hoped. I'd imagine he was on quite a wage so lets hope we can use these extra funds and move on and up the league!

Great memories from his first stint with us but way below that standard since. I can see him hanging up his boots but then after a break getting an offer to play for someone like Canvey Island and then scoring 40 goals in a season at that level.

So sad to hear this news. Know in my heart of hearts that it's probably the right decision by PB but gutted to see Fred go nonetheless. Thanks for all the great memories Fred and all the very best in whatever you may do in the future.

It was never going to work for him this time - he went from hero to zero in next to no time.

A least this now frees up a lot of wage money

Not surprised and probably the right call but still sad to hear the news. What a player Freddy was for us and achieved some things I could only of dreamt a player doing for SUFC in his first spell.

Always on the cards but still sad to hear

The word legend gets thrown around easily but he really is up there with our greats and deserves all the credit he gets for his first spell at the club

hope one day he returns as a coach or similar role

Whenever the 'favourite Southend XI' question comes up, Freddy is always the first name on the team sheet for me. Great memories, and the less successful second spell don't diminish them in anyway.

Duh-duh-duh-duh...

I really hope all of those who were so anti Fred in the last few months, can now forget all of that, and regard him how he should be:

LEGEND

Thanks Freddy - your goal at Burton earlier in the season made me a 15 year old for a minute all over again!

Was expected but still feel gutted.
I heard he's been getting involved at property but would hope the club can find a role for him if he wants to get involved in coaching or anything.

Back