• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperhosk

First XI
HI all

Just thinking wouldnt it be great (even though we are moving stadium!? Hmmmm) for Fred to have a stand or atleast a block named after him? for me he is the greatest EVER Southend Player.
Stan played for the club less than a year and a stand was named after him? Maybe i am missing something as i am fairly young so dont fully remember Stan?

Anyway just gauging people views as i am a bit bored on a cloudy Monday afternoon.

How about renaming our East Stand the Michael Ricketts stand?

It was decent many many years ago but got old + shabby a few years back. Its not near the goals. Its packed with plenty of hot dogs + burgers and is really rather over priced for the quality on show.

Simple answer ! No ....

Other players deserve that status way and beyond him, sorry to say, whilst he was a superb talent while he was with us, being a legend above all other legends to have a stand named after him, nope he is not that player !

Last edited:
Given the state of Fred's knees when he retired, not a good idea, the stand could collapse. At best, if it was at Fossetts, it could lean to the left a little bit maybe!:smile:

If and when we get a new ground I'd like to think that certain great players would have bars, cafés, hospitality boxes etc named after them. However, a stand seems a stretch, even for the man who is my personal all-time Southend United favourite.

Also, I imagine we'd try to hawk the naming rights to the stands anyway.

If and when we get a new ground I'd like to think that certain great players would have bars, cafés, hospitality boxes etc named after them. However, a stand seems a stretch, even for the man who is my personal all-time Southend United favourite.

Also, I imagine we'd try to hawk the naming rights to the stands anyway.

Martin Dawn Stand 1
Martin Dawn Stand 2
Martin Dawn Stand 3
Martin Dawn pile of dirt and rubble

:smile:

Martin Dawn Stand 1
Martin Dawn Stand 2
Martin Dawn Stand 3
Martin Dawn pile of dirt and rubble

Come to think of it, the Michael Ricketts Burger Café and the Paul Byrne Bar would both be pretty appropriate. Any more boys and girls?

The Bilel Mohsni Barber Shop (only sharp scissors used here - also liable to start but be asked to leave before the finish)

Second only to Collymore with regards to being the most talented striker I've ever had the pleasure of seeing in a Southend United shirt. But naming a stand after him is way over the top, even Collymore only had a "suite" named after him..... :unsure::smile:

The Jacob Murphy Lounge
The Drewe Broughton Paddock

A stand seems a fitting tribute to Freddy's contribution over the last couple of years.

Back