• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood to Hearts?

Jambo

There's a rumour going round Edinburgh that Hearts are interested in Freddy. Anyone on here know about it? Or are SUFC just waiting for Wolves to offer the correct amount?

Jimbo,

I am up in Aberdeen and i work with a Hearts fan but he has heard nothing mate

The rumours a load of Rubbish. he wont go to hearts no way. as people have already said, the spl teams are as good as league 1 sides apart from rangers and celtic.

I would say that Aberdeen are in that bracket as well

I would say that Aberdeen are in that bracket as well

You mean the old-firm bracket?
Probably them & Hearts are a good Championship standard (Hearts definitely if they didn't keep in-fighting in terms of Romanov's interference!)

In terms of the Freddy to Hearts rumour, who knows? They definitely had scouts at the Preston v Southend game on Easter Monday but the fact Fred did nothing in his 33 minutes of that game can't have told them anymore than they already knew. Can see more volume in the JCR to Tynecastle rumours to be honest!

Note to Einstein - I could have made a barbed comment about Richie Foran in this post but didn't. I also haven't posted anything negative about him all day!

You mean the old-firm bracket?
Probably them & Hearts are a good Championship standard (Hearts definitely if they didn't keep in-fighting in terms of Romanov's interference!)

In terms of the Freddy to Hearts rumour, who knows? They definitely had scouts at the Preston v Southend game on Easter Monday but the fact Fred did nothing in his 33 minutes of that game can't have told them anymore than they already knew. Can see more volume in the JCR to Tynecastle rumours to be honest!

Note to Einstein - I could have made a barbed comment about Richie Foran in this post but didn't. I also haven't posted anything negative about him all day!

Yes i mean th Old Firm Bracket.....After all, Aberdeen were so close to Champions Leauge Football

So it's just a rumour then. The theory was that Freddy would have a much better chance of European football with Hearts than with Wolves.

I hadn't heard the one about JCR going to Hearts. I think Hearts have quite a few players in his position, even if most of them were injured last season. It's a decent striker they need just now.

Well we shall wait and see who Freddy ends up at! So many teams have been mentioned its going to be a long two months put it that way!

It won't be two months Ricey. Unfortunately it may be 2 weeks perhaps. He won't be going to hearts though.

Were it not for the internal troubles at Hearts, I think this would be a decent move for Freddy. Make no mistake, Hearts are a Championship play-off level side and the sort of players who've done well there have done equally well in the Championship e.g. Rudi Skacel. Under normal circumstances, Celtic and Rangers come in at average Premiership level, but Rangers are woeful at the minute and would probably be relegation material. The teams at the bottom of the SPL are no more than league 1 standard.

So what does that make Celtic if 'woeful' Rangers have beaten them in the last 2 meetings?

Having said that, there's only one true 'Rangers' in Scottish footballl and they're English.

So what does that make Celtic if 'woeful' Rangers have beaten them in the last 2 meetings?

Having said that, there's only one true 'Rangers' in Scottish footballl and they're English.

As you may know, Celtic suffered a fairly serious dip in form towards the end of the season. Rangers improved after Smith took, but over the whole season they were woeful and nearly missed out on Champions League football! I originally thought that next season would be much closer, but Celtic seem to have £10m+ to spend as a result of their Champions League run. With television money being less than 10% of that in the Premiership, the Champions League is crucial to SPL teams. If Celtic get through their qualifying round next season and Rangers don't, we could see Celtic dominate for a few more years yet. Anyway, this is the ShrimperZone, so enough talk of the SPL. I was merely providing an opinion of the overall quality compared to the Championship.

Back