• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood Wins Championship

southend_shrimp

First XI
Player of the month award
Wolves striker Freddy Eastwood has been named as the Championship's player of the month for August.

The Wales international scored three goals in two starts, including a brace against Blackpool, for his new club following his move from Southend.
He also scored on his international debut against Bulgaria. The other players shortlisted for the award were Barnsley midfielder Brian Howard, Coventry winger Jay Tabb and Ipswich striker Alan Lee.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wolverhampton_wanderers/6979774.stm

I wonder if we had a clause in his contract where if he won the Player on the Month award 3 times in a year or made The Sun's Dream Team, we got another £250K?

We made a fair offer, and it was accepted. If Ron Martin could have got more, he would have.

You got him for well below what he was worth. That's stitched up. A fair number of people thought that it was a decent price but a lot of us knew just how good Eastwood was.

When he had to start on the bench he knew he had to get his backside into gear and fair play to him, he's shoqing just how quality he is - shame we had to rely upon him so much and couldn't afford to drop him to the bench in order to get the best out of him.

Well Done!! Freedy.... Shame you couldnt play likle that for us like that in the Championship

You got him for well below what he was worth. That's stitched up. A fair number of people thought that it was a decent price but a lot of us knew just how good Eastwood was.

I went through this at the time. Given his contractual situation, the fact he wanted a move, and the fact there werent that many interested parties ( despite what some were claiming ) we got him for his market value at that time. Ron Martin could have rejected the offer if he'd wanted to.

Well Done!! Freedy.... Shame you couldnt play likle that for us like that in the Championship

Well... he did for the first part of the season. Then he got injured on and off, and yeah, lost interest towards the end seemingly...

Well done Freddy ..he makes Nugent look like a snip at 5mill (NOT)

Well... he did for the first part of the season. Then he got injured on and off, and yeah, lost interest towards the end seemingly...

Yhhh that is true... to be honest with you.... the only thing he did for us i can remember is the memberable goal against the mancs which will live long in the memory...

But back to Freddy, I don't think we have replaced him:(

I went through this at the time. Given his contractual situation, the fact he wanted a move, and the fact there werent that many interested parties ( despite what some were claiming ) we got him for his market value at that time. Ron Martin could have rejected the offer if he'd wanted to.

I'm well aware of why you got him for the price that you did. That doesn't mean that that is his true value though. He's not a £1.5m player, he's no better for you than he was when he was playing for us and his true value as a footballer is far closer to the type of bids that you'll be getting in January for him.

Yhhh that is true... to be honest with you.... the only thing he did for us i can remember is the memberable goal against the mancs which will live long in the memory...

But back to Freddy, I don't think we have replaced him:(

Eh?! The only memorable thing is the goal against man u?! how about the quickest goal for southend? or scoring hat trick in his first game?! or the goals against swansea that send us up?! he was the reason we got promoted twice.

next you'll be saying that collymore didn't nothing for us and the only memory you have of him is a ms u johnson beater!

You are right we haven't replaced him! We got lucky, just like collymore, and hopefully we will see another gem of a striker sooner rather than later!

Well Done Freddy! I still think we sold him a little too early should of held out for more money and if we couldn't get it sell for original offer. But I have faith in Ron the low price will probably consist of loads of add on's and clauses! Hopefully a sell on cause I could see him going to a bigger team if he carries on this form.

I'm well aware of why you got him for the price that you did. That doesn't mean that that is his true value though. He's not a £1.5m player, he's no better for you than he was when he was playing for us and his true value as a footballer is far closer to the type of bids that you'll be getting in January for him.

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Back