• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Wolves game against Charlton got the nod to come on with 30 mins to play started to get his track suit off then was told not to bother and didn't get on. Hmmmmm How long till Freddy gets fed up of being a bench warmer?? He is too good to sit on the bench, why is Prick McCarthy doing this to him?

You have to remember that whilst freddy was and always will be a legend down at little Southend, he has stepped up a level now, playing for a bigger team with big players in every position, he has to bide his time and accept he will spend time warming the bench for club and country.

But seriously are you telling me that Keogh, Elliot and Bothroyd are better than Freddy Eastwood?? NO WAY!! Keogh is the only one that comes close to being anywhere near as good as Freddy.

Mick McCarthy has not got a clue.

Im not defending that idiot in the slightest, but we all know fred can sometimes look a bloody awful player in between looking like a world beater, maybe he is going through a fitting in, growing up stage?

Your probably right but I just feel it doesn't help having a **** like McCarthy as his manager. Should of gone to Charlton!

to bloody right , they were willing to go to 2 mill, i like most of us still miss freddy and what he can do, and whilst ill always watch out for him and what he's up to , i absolutely hate seeing him in that horrible wolves shirt its just not right.

best of luck to fred but it's weird but i don't miss him. we are playing some brilliant football at the moment and we don't look like a one-man-team any more. he is a southend legend but we should have done better last season with him in the team and we didn't and so im happy that he is gone and we have used the cash well in richards, black, bailey and l.clarke and fingers crossed both we do well this season and fred gets back to his best

couldnt agree more mate, he was an absolutely amazing player on his day with us, but to be honest was to often off his game last year, so credit to Tilly for spending fairly wisely and if we do finalize leons deal then as they say..."freddy who"

best of luck to fred but it's weird but i don't miss him. we are playing some brilliant football at the moment and we don't look like a one-man-team any more. he is a southend legend but we should have done better last season with him in the team and we didn't and so im happy that he is gone and we have used the cash well in richards, black, bailey and l.clarke and fingers crossed both we do well this season and fred gets back to his best

Look at Scunthorpe on the whole.
They lost Sharp & rebuilt after winning L1.
If we'd have bitten the bullet & seen how much we could have got for Fred in summer 2006, in retrospect I feel we'd have had a far more successful season in the 2nd tier last year (might not have beaten Man Utd though :p )

Freddy Eastwood has come down to earth with a bump since his goals have dried up - his club Wolves put him on a Ryanair flight to return from Wales' trip to San Marino rather than the private jet he has been used to previously.

From the BBC

Bit random stuff. :minger:

Freddy's form must of dip as he was warming the bench for Wales as well , not a massive surprise as thats what happens when playing for a bigger team who have the luxery of 4 or 5 decent forwards, i sometimes wondered if we say would of had Leon playing last year if Freddy would of been on the bench a few times after some of his lack lusture perfoemance's .

Where as we had to take the chance Freddy might do something brilliant whilst playing poorly last season, Wolves aren't probably a club who can. Freddy is the sort of person who probably needs a kick up the **** so I'm not surprised he's not playing much. After all, Wolves aren't losing many at the moment are they.

Freddy has the potential to be at the top, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to push himself enough.

Wolves have got several strikers on the books and they are happy with the way that the players currently in the side are playing. Freddy will get his chance there, he just needs to bide his time.

I don't think that fracas he had a few weeks ago did much good to his standing in McCarthy's eyes either...

As Beefy says, he'll get another chance soon enough.

Quite how they can make that statement considering the amount of games he's played for them is beyond me. But still.... better get your finger out, Freddy!

yeah not really fare to say that just yet really, but a fare few of them on the radio were saying the same thing and think it was a mistake signing him.

What do they want? He has to be given time to settle in and has only had a handful of games so how can they begin to judge him yet? Not like he hasn't scored goals in the few matches he's played and you cannot understand what Mick McCarthy is doing with Fred but it can surely be doing him no good whatsoever.

Bloody Dingles fans - what do they know? Wouldn't know a decent player if they fell over one I reckon, after all, most of those b*stards are still labouring under the illusion that Wolves are a big club/sleeping giant, instead of just a club that has (at best) been fairly mediocre since the 1950's.

Back