• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Beefy

Life President
Remember this guy? Scored a load of goals for us a few years back? Started the season in the best form of the last five years?

Any idea when he is due back? Could do with him now that Cauley is banned.

Id be interested in seeing how he would fit into the side now that we are playing a different way to when he was playing.

Dont see him tracking back like Straker does.

Id be interested in seeing how he would fit into the side now that we are playing a different way to when he was playing.

Dont see him tracking back like Straker does.

Well, he certainly does a lot more than he used to. Even saw him jumping for a header that he was never going to win earlier in the season. Having said that, I am quite happy for him to wander around the pitch as he pleases if he then pops up in the last few minutes and gets the winning goal!

think eastwood will be used as a usefull sub to come on for last 20 mins as he could always sneak us a goal at anytime, easy him back in I say.

Remember this guy? Scored a load of goals for us a few years back? Started the season in the best form of the last five years?

Any idea when he is due back? Could do with him now that Cauley is banned.

I thought he hung his boots up to geting into making cheesey films

Despite the love affair with Freddy that everyone seems to have, apart from me, is it any coincidence that we are having our best run of the season whilst he is injured?

Despite the love affair with Freddy that everyone seems to have, apart from me, is it any coincidence that we are having our best run of the season whilst he is injured?
Is it just a coincidence that we are having our best run of the season since I have been wearing blue pants and socks on match days?

Must say, the wife gets embarrassed when the vicar pops round and I am sitting there listening to Blues player in just my pants and socks, but she was mortified last night at Fratton Park!

To be fair Wally, Freddy was very influential in our other successful run of games at the start of the campaign when we won our first three games, so I feel that your view is a tad harsh on Freddy.

He may not suit the current formation that we are playing but if we was paying a 4-4-2 then I would play him from the start. Also, if we are chasing a goal and an influence from the bench in this 4-5-1 (4-3-3 when attacking) formation, then what better player to introduce from our squad than him.

Think Freddy would be enjoying the service into the box in the last few games.Really need him back asap to give PB more options

There are too many factors at play to pin the form on any one player being in the team (eg Timlin) or out of the team like Freddy.

Our midfield didnt look half as good back when Freddy was fit than it does now and we had players still settling into the club.

Might as well ask whether we are a better team without Hurst as we wont the last two without him.

In my opinion yes, I'd say that our recent upturn in form is (a) because having taken time to gel things are starting to click and (b) the presence of Timlin and Kiernan in the starting X1. Certainly not because Freddy is injured, he and Leonard were arguably our two best players up until his absence.

How can anyone honestly say we are a better team without Freddy and be serious.Any team in this division would welcome a fit Freddy with open arms.As for 5-4-1- formation ,i have no doubts with his talent he would cause major headaches for any cb playing the lone striker .

Back