• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mohsniisgod

Bumped into Freddy in McDonalds in a service station off the M25 last night before I hit the pain that is the Dartford Crossing, and had a quick chat with him. Asked if he'd found a new club yet and he said that he is retiring.

To be fair to him he did look overweight and he didn't perform last season. He did state hat he should play some part in the Ipswich friendly if his knee allows him too.

Thought I'd post this as his inevitable retirement had not yet been announced yet, with rumours of a move to Luton, Plymouth and Dagenham floating about.

Such a shame he wasn't the player he was in his first spell with us.

Retirement is breaking news, not really a discussion is it? Unless you're wanting to discuss his memories with the club, which many did when he was released.

Bumped into Freddy in McDonalds in a service station off the M25 last night before I hit the pain that is the Dartford Crossing, and had a quick chat with him. Asked if he'd found a new club yet and he said that he is retiring.

To be fair to him he did look overweight and he didn't perform last season. He did state hat he should play some part in the Ipswich friendly if his knee allows him too.

Thought I'd post this as his inevitable retirement had not yet been announced yet, with rumours of a move to Luton, Plymouth and Dagenham floating about.

Such a shame he wasn't the player he was in his first spell with us.

I'm not surprised

I highly doubt he'd say that in public to a stranger? My little boy took a picture with him and if you really want to see it, you'll be able to clearly see that he is in no fit state to play 46 games a season. *Michael Ricketts rings a bell*

And I doubt any professional football player would be ordering a chicken legend meal, large chips and a large coke, 6 chicken nuggets and onion rings just for himself..

I highly doubt he'd say that in public to a stranger? My little boy took a picture with him and if you really want to see it, you'll be able to clearly see that he is in no fit state to play 46 games a season. *Michael Ricketts rings a bell*

And I doubt any professional football player would be ordering a chicken legend meal, large chips and a large coke, 6 chicken nuggets and onion rings just for himself..

He said it all in the Echo last week.

and that bottom part is borderline stalker-ish!

No, in the Echo it said he was contemplating retirement! & Hahaha just happened to be next to him and thought blimey, but yeah does sound it a bit ��

To be honest I'm almost kind of glad he's (allegedly) made that decision. Seeing him in another shirt at Roots Hall would have been a very strange experience, I'm glad he ended his career with the club he loved the most. I'll be breaking with tradition and will go to the Ipswich game, I never do friendlies but I'll make an exception for this one.

Good luck to him.

I can't actually see him playing in that Ipswich game. I think he'll just be presented to the crowd either at HT or FT.

I can't actually see him playing in that Ipswich game. I think he'll just be presented to the crowd either at HT or FT.

Would be great to see him play even if it's just 10-15 mins at the end, if not though it's still a chance for fans to show their appreciation to a club legend without whom we wouldn't have enjoyed any of the good times 2004-2007. :thumbsup:

Hardly 'Breaking News's is it. Surely the 'Discuss' prefix would suffice.

Why do you have to be so arrogant!

The person who posted this didn't have to. Its posters like you and comments like this that turn people off from sharing any snippets of information that they may come across.

Back