• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood

Has he officially retired?

I can confirm Freddy is definitely retired and now runs his own scaffolding business! He could have definitely got another club at a lower level to ride the gravy train a bit longer but I assume his knee was all but hanging off by the time he left us.

I was chatting to his son at last nights game, he still attends regularly with his granddad ( Freddies dad). He told me he is doing well for the Blues under 14s and absolutely loves coming to watch at Roots Hall, so hopefully we will see another Eastwood starring for Southend United in the future.
Is this quite a tenuous link to ex Blues?
Oh yes I also chatted to Tony Bentley last night, told him I remember going to his testimonial against Stoke in the 70s. What a nice bloke he seems, living in Canada now and still looks good for his age.

I was chatting to his son at last nights game, he still attends regularly with his granddad ( Freddies dad). He told me he is doing well for the Blues under 14s and absolutely loves coming to watch at Roots Hall, so hopefully we will see another Eastwood starring for Southend United in the future.
Is this quite a tenuous link to ex Blues?
Oh yes I also chatted to Tony Bentley last night, told him I remember going to his testimonial against Stoke in the 70s. What a nice bloke he seems, living in Canada now and still looks good for his age.

Wasn't Mark Gowers son with our youth too?

I think those first two goals were just about the only goals he scored for us with his head. I can only think of about 2 others.

He got another header in his next game at Scunthorpe and scored again with his head in the snow vs Shrewsbury at home later in that first season. Can't remember any others.

I bet he's sore today! I was surprised at how long he was on last night and for the first few minutes I thought this isn't a good idea as it looked like his knees were going to crumble before his feet. I overheard him say in the tunnel pre game that he was nervous and I don't know if he was jesting but he did settle down after that initial wobble on the pitch.

Still got the touch, still got the shimmy. It must be so frustrating for a player when your legs cant do what your brain wants them to do anymore. Always great to see him and a lovely moment having his boy out there as well. I'm sure that's not the last we see of Freddy Jnr

Back