• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood

I bet he's sore today! I was surprised at how long he was on last night and for the first few minutes I thought this isn't a good idea as it looked like his knees were going to crumble before his feet. I overheard him say in the tunnel pre game that he was nervous and I don't know if he was jesting but he did settle down after that initial wobble on the pitch.

Still got the touch, still got the shimmy. It must be so frustrating for a player when your legs cant do what your brain wants them to do anymore. Always great to see him and a lovely moment having his boy out there as well. I'm sure that's not the last we see of Freddy Jnr
Yeah I see the early couple of runs he made with the ball and his poor knees were just getting left behind and nearly going over, good to see him again tho, and Eastwood junior nearly getting himself a goal.

FREDDY Eastwood was a popular figure while at Southend United but just how much do you remember about his spell with the Shrimpers.

More...

SOUTHEND United legend Freddy Eastwood feels he would have reached the Premier League had he been more dedicated.

More...

FORMER Southend United favourite Freddy Eastwood could have followed in the foot-steps of David Beckham at the start of his career.

More...

Great story, shame I couldn’t ****ing read it!

Great story, shame I couldn’t ****ing read it!
Don't know why you have trouble!

JAMES Lawson has recalled how Freddy Eastwood came close to ruining his car while at Southend United.
The strikers played alongside each other in attack for the Shrimpers.
But they often played pranks on each other off the pitch.
“Freddy and I always used to have a laugh with each other,” said Lawson.
“I was the youngest in the team so I always got a lot of stick from the players.
“Freddy took it a step further and started off by putting shaving foam all over my car but it went from there really.”

And Lawson, who came through the ranks at Roots Hall, was keen to get his own back.
“After training I went to a garden centre and bought loads of plant pots,” said Lawson.
“I put them all over his car so when he came back to his car it looked like a forest.
“He just said he was going to get me back.”
And it did not take Eastwood long to get revenge.
“I had a reserve game at Roots Hall and I knew Freddy was going to get me so I hid my car round the corner in a housing estate and didn’t park in the car park,” said Lawson.

“But for some reason I didn’t hide my keys, I just left them in the coat pocket which was stupid.
“I remember about 15 minutes into the game I heard Freddy shout my name.
“I looked up and he was shaking my keys at me!
“I was trying to get my head into this game and I’m just thinking oh my god what he’s going to do.”
And that led to a memorable half-time break.
“We came back in and I think it was Paul Brush who was shouting at us because we were losing,” said Lawson.
“One of the boys was looking at me smirking and gestured for me to look up.
“I couldn’t believe it when I did because it turned out Freddy had put the spare wheel from my car on my peg!”
But Eastwood’s revenge did not stop there.
“After the game I’ve gone to my car and he’s literally put talcum powder and creams absolutely everywhere,” said Lawson.

“I took it to a car wash and the guy said there was nothing he could do.
“He charged me double which was fine but then it started to stink of fish.
“I couldn’t understand it but it turned out Freddy had gone to a fish mongers and asked for the smelliest fish they had.
“He hid it in my car but in the end he told me where it was.”
And after that the duo were eventually told to bring their pranks to an end.
“After that Steve Tilson brought us in and told us it had to stop because it was getting out of hand,” said Tilson.
“It was all friendly banter and I got on really well with Freddy but we decided to call a truce.
“I’m still not sure I would park near him though!”

Don't know why you have trouble!

JAMES Lawson has recalled how Freddy Eastwood came close to ruining his car while at Southend United.
The strikers played alongside each other in attack for the Shrimpers.
But they often played pranks on each other off the pitch.
“Freddy and I always used to have a laugh with each other,” said Lawson.
“I was the youngest in the team so I always got a lot of stick from the players.
“Freddy took it a step further and started off by putting shaving foam all over my car but it went from there really.”

And Lawson, who came through the ranks at Roots Hall, was keen to get his own back.
“After training I went to a garden centre and bought loads of plant pots,” said Lawson.
“I put them all over his car so when he came back to his car it looked like a forest.
“He just said he was going to get me back.”
And it did not take Eastwood long to get revenge.
“I had a reserve game at Roots Hall and I knew Freddy was going to get me so I hid my car round the corner in a housing estate and didn’t park in the car park,” said Lawson.

“But for some reason I didn’t hide my keys, I just left them in the coat pocket which was stupid.
“I remember about 15 minutes into the game I heard Freddy shout my name.
“I looked up and he was shaking my keys at me!
“I was trying to get my head into this game and I’m just thinking oh my god what he’s going to do.”
And that led to a memorable half-time break.
“We came back in and I think it was Paul Brush who was shouting at us because we were losing,” said Lawson.
“One of the boys was looking at me smirking and gestured for me to look up.
“I couldn’t believe it when I did because it turned out Freddy had put the spare wheel from my car on my peg!”
But Eastwood’s revenge did not stop there.
“After the game I’ve gone to my car and he’s literally put talcum powder and creams absolutely everywhere,” said Lawson.

“I took it to a car wash and the guy said there was nothing he could do.
“He charged me double which was fine but then it started to stink of fish.
“I couldn’t understand it but it turned out Freddy had gone to a fish mongers and asked for the smelliest fish they had.
“He hid it in my car but in the end he told me where it was.”
And after that the duo were eventually told to bring their pranks to an end.
“After that Steve Tilson brought us in and told us it had to stop because it was getting out of hand,” said Tilson.
“It was all friendly banter and I got on really well with Freddy but we decided to call a truce.
“I’m still not sure I would park near him though!”

Thanks, I didn’t but all of a sudden typically when I went to read the Forbes article I had ‘met my limit’.

Still holds the record for the fastest goal scored on a debut in the EFL.

Crikey, there's some good stories there. Fancy being 5-1 up with less than thirty minutes to go.......and to lose 7-6!

How much would Joe Payne be transferred for today after scoring ten goals in a single game? He wasn't even a forward!

How about the parents who left the ground six minutes from full time because their son was still on the subs bench.....only to miss his introduction in the final five minutes.....and the hat trick he scored in less than two and a half minutes....?

And then Sir Freddy of Eastwood and his goal within seven seconds of kick off on debut....surely that will never be beaten? Maybe one of our new signings can score more than ten goals in a game though? Remember he doesn't have to be a forward.....?

Last edited:
I believe that exSouthend player Steve Lamb also had Romany Heritage .

Last edited:
Back