• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy: Knee let me down

Evening Echo

The News
FREDDY Eastwood feels a persistent knee injury stopped him hitting top form during his loan spell at Southend United last season.

More...

Southend would be crazy to miss this opportunity.If fixing the knee, brings him back to anywhere near his best, he will tear those League 2 defences apart. Definitely worth the gamble. Could be the best signing for years. Give a One Year contract, with an option to extend.

The main message that I get from the article is that Freddie wants to stay ..... I know his agent might think differently but that all sounds good for the future .... the only fly in the ointment that I can seee is that we seem to have a number of strikers who can only play for part of the season before injuries or old age begin to take their toll. Wouldn,t it be nice to have some youngster coming through?

Still I don't subscribe to the view that you need a 20+ goal scorer to get promotion (although it would help!) if the midfield and defence are also weighing in with goals.

just wasnt match fit when he came to us, a good pre-season and he could get us up on his own.

And a crafty way of undermining any attempts his agent might make to sell him elsewhere?

"Freddie Eastwood? He's got a dodgy knee, we can't gamble on him".

Balls over his head stopped him hitting top form.

On a more sensible note,imo he would be wasted here,for just the reason given above. If both Corr and Dickinson are fit for the start of next season, and PS wants to play with two strikers i can see Eastwood being left sitting on the bench. Both Corr and Dickinson are much more suited to PS football than Eastwood ever will be.

Will Corr ever play again? The man is a legend as from what I saw in the playoff games he's still head and shoulders above ALL league 2 strikers.

On a more sensible note,imo he would be wasted here,for just the reason given above. If both Corr and Dickinson are fit for the start of next season, and PS wants to play with two strikers i can see Eastwood being left sitting on the bench. Both Corr and Dickinson are much more suited to PS football than Eastwood ever will be.

Well lets hope Sturrock adapts then to play better football.

He has already suggested that at home things will change, and we saw a change in tactics in the last 4 or 5 games.

Id rather we set out to play to Freddy's strengths than Corrs as Id be very surprised if the latter features much if at all so not wise to base our tactic on him being there.

The thought of a fit Freddy and partnership next season, watch out :)

Back