• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
On the BBC there is an article with excerpts from Freddy Shepherd's comments on the future of professional football in England. How can someone in his position be so damn ignorant?

The long and the short of what he's said is that there is no future for 92 professional teams because the top flight teams "should not be concerned with those struggling at the lower end". Who does this guy think he is? How are Newcastle concerned with supporting us.

Surely he must be aware of the structural changes being enforced in the lower leagues with the eventual goal of putting clubs in a position where they should be able to turn a profit. Given the choice, clearly, I would much rather watch Southend than Newcastle and if Southend ever went out of business, I don't know what I would do.

That said, how realistic is it that our club would go out of business? Clearly, we have had a few close scrapes but never underestimate the power of supporters. Lower league football is very much a niche market with an almost friendly relationship between staff and fans in contrast to the Premier$hite draw of anonymity. If it came down to it, and this worries me, I couldn't say how much I would put in to the club to keep it going.

I can't believe such a significant figure in football fails to realis this.

The article is here.

What a total prat he is.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Isn't he there because of his old man's money. If I ruled the world, I'd have him taken out and shot. After I'd dealt with Tony Blair and James Brown!  
biggrin.gif

Yep, I think we can all agree that he is a first class tw*t...

What you got against James Brown anyway?

To quote Max from 'Max and Paddy' - 'How dare you!'

Do not diss the Godfather Of Soul, he's a legend!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Nov. 30 2004,00:52)]Isn't he there because of his old man's money. If I ruled the world, I'd have him taken out and shot. After I'd dealt with Tony Blair and James Brown!
biggrin.gif
Gordon Brown possibly seems more appropriate in the sentence.

Certainly can't have a problem with JB

Janet Street-Porter, Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and Jacques Chirac would be next for the chop...
mad.gif

Getting back to the footy, Freddy Shepherd has always been a (sadly misguided) self-important twit and doesn't exactly command respect. Anyone remember his and his colleagues' comments about girls from Newcastle?

Read my lips, Fat Freddy, it wont happen - if it does, it'll be over your dead body.

TerryintheWest
Posted: Nov. 30 2004,00:52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't he there because of his old man's money. If I ruled the world, I'd have him taken out and shot. After I'd dealt with Tony Blair and James Brown!

____

Let me explain this one.....

TerryIntheWest spent his youth in Memphis and apparently had a bit of a rumble in a bar with The Godfather of Soul in 1964 over a woman. JB was getting deep down and dirty with Tel's missus in a frankly unacceptable manner. Right there, Terry gave him the option:

"Cut that sliding crap out right now or you're going down with the Rochdale."

JB wouldn't leave it hence Big Tel had no choice but to teach the Soul Legend an old fashioned lesson with a dry slaaaaaap outside in the car park.

Newcastle best fans in the world, and always filling St James Park.
Like f**k they used to get crap crowds, and with idiots like FS in charge, let us hope a relegation beckons.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 30 2004,11:22)]Janet Street-Porter, Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and Jacques Chirac would be next for the chop...  
mad.gif

Read my lips, Fat Freddy, it wont happen - if it does, it'll be over your dead body.
Oi, Genghis... I knew you'd be on here, spitting rage and bile as usual...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 30 2004,13:33)]Someone ought to remind him where his team was on New years day 1992, and how close Newcastle were to going the way of Sheffield Wednesday....
Or how the massed ranks of the Toon Army... all 15,000 of them... came to watch our trip to St. James's Park.

The man is clearly a total arse. Suddenly, I'd really like to see them drop out of the top flight...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]TerryIntheWest spent his youth in Memphis

Unfortunately I've never been to The Bluff City but if I had why would I have run into (nice thought) "The Godfather of Soul" aka "The Minister of the New Super Heavy Funk" What a load of old cobblers (southend link!) these titles are, worse than Paul Whiteman calling himself "The King of Jazz" Put him on my list too! 
wink.gif

There's only one title that I'd accept and that's Bessie Smith as "The Empress of the Blues"  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 30 2004,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 30 2004,11:22)]Janet Street-Porter, Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and Jacques Chirac would be next for the chop...  
mad.gif

Oi, Genghis... I knew you'd be on here, spitting rage and bile as usual...

tounge.gif
Since Genghis means 'Supreme King', I'll take that as a compliment shall I?
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

What about Leeds Utd, W@nk-Ham Utd & Sheffield Weds in lower division
rock.gif
- how he can "Small Clubs don't count" & think most of League One & Two clubs go part time as most of our Conference clubs are full-time. Why can he p*** off - if I has an chance I would kick his b***s!

I suppose he forgetten the years that Southend beat his sad team 4-0 in Jan 1992
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 30 2004,14:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 30 2004,13:19)]Oi, Genghis... I knew you'd be on here, spitting rage and bile as usual...
Since Genghis means 'Supreme King', I'll take that as a compliment shall I?
*$£%...

I meant Atilla. Damn you, smarty pants.

sad.gif
ghostface.gif

And no, I should have thought that the "spitting rage and bile" was pretty clear evidence that I wasn't being complimentary....

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 30 2004,13:35)]Or how the massed ranks of the Toon Army... all 15,000 of them... came to watch our trip to St. James's Park.
That's a gross misrepresentation Matt and you know it.

It was some way short of 15,000. The crowd, I'm sure they announced, was 14,000 and something and if you take away the Southend contingent of 14 people, 2 parrots and a tin of salmon you have even less.

But hey, next season it was way over 30,000 of those ever so loyal, never ever ever miss a game, totally fanatical geordie army. Such a bunch of cheapskates they won't even buy colour shirts.

Dirty black & white scum.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ Nov. 30 2004,18:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 30 2004,13:35)]Or how the massed ranks of the Toon Army... all 15,000 of them... came to watch our trip to St. James's Park.
That's a gross misrepresentation Matt and you know it.

It was some way short of 15,000.  The crowd, I'm sure they announced, was 14,000 and something and if you take away the Southend contingent of 14 people, 2 parrots and a tin of salmon you have even less.

But hey, next season it was way over 30,000 of those ever so loyal, never ever ever miss a game, totally fanatical geordie army.  Such a bunch of cheapskates they won't even buy colour shirts.

Dirty black & white scum.
Hello, Sunderland fan here and you're right fat freddie shepherd is a total c**t (from my unbiased opinion of course). I agree with the lad that said "let's hope the black and white bastards go down" or words to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back