• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come home Freddy and join our promotion party bandwagon. Then smash a hat trick against your former club next season...

All on £1k per week.

18 goals in 117 games is Blair-like.

Sounds like he has lost his appetite for the game somewhat, ill-discipline, not looking after his wieght and fitness. Sounds like a shadow of the player we had.

Crikey. 18 goals in 117 games, or 15 goals in 116 games if you take away one home game against Posh in which he got a hattrick.

Dare I say it... but it doesn't sound like his heart is in it any more. If L1 clubs are interested, I'd be happy for him to go to Col Ewe on high wages and bleed them dry for a return of 6 or 7 goals a season (which is what his scoring rate at Cov has been).

The last thing we need is an overweight unenthusiastic striker earning £1k a week+ ! Michael Ricketts and Jabo Ibhere are prime examples of wastes of time.

We are (seemingly) getting ourselves sorted out, what's the point of risking ****ing everything up for the sake of one player?

Der der der der! Freddy Eastwood!:happy:

But yeah, I agree, I'd love to have him back but it's not worth risking what we've managed to pull together this season. Starting to look like the end is in sight.

He went down hill after the Manure game and became very lazy. I don't think I have ever seen a player get caught offside so much after that game...We had his best years I feel and would not want him back with the side we have now.

Der der der der! Freddy Eastwood!:happy:

But yeah, I agree, I'd love to have him back but it's not worth risking what we've managed to pull together this season. Starting to look like the end is in sight.

Yeah, of course I would love to see him back here one day but now is definitely not the right time!

A 3 month loan spell to put him in the shop window might be the order of the day though? Can anyone suggest that to Cov?

One day i hope he comes back but right now doesn't feel like the right time. He needs to get his head down and start getting his career back on track.

we dont need freddy back at all and will only be throwing away good money, would pick harris over freddy at the moment anyway.

Freddy released by Coventry!

Just seen on twitter Chris Phillips has put a link to the Coventry Times stating that Freddy is being released. Andy Thorne the Cov Manager doesnt feel that he fits into his plans etc and has given him permission to move on.

It seems that he has suffered with injury and fitness a bit, but does anyone else agree that he surely would be worth a punt, even on a short term deal. I wouldnt think he is skint and he might be happy to come and play again. Lets face it this is the only team he has properly been part of and loved by so many. Its never really happened for him away from Roots Hall apart from early days at Wolves and a few Welsh caps.

What do we think, maybe lobby the club get them interested!!!

I don't understand how anybody would not want Freddy back at Roots Hall. He's a legend here, probably what he needs at the moment. I'd welcome him back with open arms!

Back